Q. I suffer from memory loss and lack of concentration. What is the possible cause?

Dr. Sugreev Singh

I suffer from memory loss and lack of concenteration. I also have numbness of mind. I cannot think, recall and memorize. I feel sleepy even after having sleep for 10-11 hours. I always feel tired. I am taking Methycobal tablets for the last two days with one tablet per day.

This is my report of Vitamin B12: Range Mentioned: pg/mL Normal: 187 - 883 Intermediate: 150 - 187 Deficient: < 150 My Result: Vitamin B12= 116

I have a few questions regarding my report :

1. Are my levels are alarmingly low or just common no big issue.

2.What is the possible reason.

3.What is the best and quickest way to get back to normal levels and how long it does take.

4.What Harmful effect does this deficiency leads to and its linkage with other possible issues.

Any further info you would like to add. Thanks

#

Hi there

Welcome to icliniq

Thank you for writing and I understand your concern.

1) your levels are just low and can be increased easily with medicine and diet.

2) possible reasons can be due to deficiencies on b12 in diet itself and anemia . It’s a condition where blood levels go down. So did you blood test along with vitamin b12 ?

3) best way to increase your vitamin level is eat red meat and healthy diet such as pomegranate and papaya ,apple and medicine:- syrup Dexorange 200ml so take 5 ml once a day for month.

4 ) this deficiency can lead to anemia and pale skin if not treated then weakness . What symptoms do you have currently?

Please do blood cbc test to rule out anemia. Thank you

| 

I lack concentration due to overthinking and negative thoughts. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I overthink a lot. Because of that, I have doubt and negative thinking about my loved ones especially my fiance. I am not able to either concentrate on my studies. I am not able to follow my goals, and I get distracted very easily. Please help me.  Read Full »

Can copper deficiency cause short-term memory loss and paresthesia of the face?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27 year old female, and I have severe short-term memory loss (8/30 MMSE). I have paresthesia bilaterally on my face, which has spread from the upper part to around my mouth. I also have startle myoclonus and muscle stiffness. My walking speed has slowed, and the muscles in my...  Read Full »

I have lack of concentration, memory problems and negative thoughts. Please help

Query: Hello doctor, I have symptoms related to the mind and body. I have no clarity in thinking. I cannot make any decisions. Even if I do, the moment I make the decision, I get negative thoughts and a sudden jerk in my mind with a sensation of fear. Also, I have on and off memory issues. It appears fine ...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»