Q. I suffer from memory loss and lack of concentration. What is the possible cause?

Dr. Sugreev Singh
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 28, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jun 21, 2021

I suffer from memory loss and lack of concentration. I have numbness in my mind. I am not able to think, recall, and memorize. I feel sleepy even after sleeping for 10 to 11 hours. I feel tired. I am taking Methylcobal tablets for the past two days. I have a vitamin B12 level of 116 pg/mL. Are these levels are extremely low? What is the possible cause? How to get my normal levels? How long does it take? What are the harmful effects happen due to vitamin B12 deficiency?

#

I understand your concern. Your levels are low and they can be increased easily by taking medications and diet. The possible causes are vitamin B12 deficiency and anemia. It is a condition where hemoglobin levels remain low. It can be increased by taking red meat in the diet with fruits such as pomegranate, papaya, and apple. You can take syrup Dexorange 200 ml (Iron, vitamin B9, vitamin B12, and alcohol) and so take 5 ml once a day for a month. Vitamin B12 deficiency can cause anemia, pale skin, and weakness. Kindly do CBC (complete blood count) test to rule out anemia.

|