Q. Is cervical mucus an important criteria for fertility?

I am trying to conceive. I have very less cervical mucus. Am I infertile? Please help.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

For further doubts consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

My period would last for two days only. Spotting and then heavy bleeding on the first day heavy bleeding followed by a kind of light bleeding the next day. I have been trying to conceive and trying to check the ovulation by cervical mucus. But, I found my CM to be very less and at times I have dryness as well. My age is 31. Is there anything wrong medically? Do I need to worry? I have been trying to conceive for the past two months.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• The fact that you have been menstruating regularly each month indicates that you are ovulating on time mostly.
  • However, cervical mucus thinning by mid cycle is an obsolete method of confirming ovulation as one may experience cervicitis or vaginitis often and even stress itself can affect the consistency of cervical mucus.
  • The best way to track ovulation is with the help of ovulation kit. The test has to be started from day 10 of your cycle daily with early morning urine sample till a positive result is obtained.
  • The positive results indicate LH surge (sudden increase in luteinizing hormone) and in the next 36 to 48 hours you should be ovulating. Then, from the day you got a positive test, daily you must plan for frequent intercourse episodes to increase your chance of pregnancy.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

Can I use lubricants while trying to conceive? Shall I use sperm friendly lubricant? Is it safe? Do I need to go for any medicine or food to increase cervical mucus?

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• Lubricants should be avoided as they may act as a deterrent for sperms to travel in the natural medium, so they should be avoided ideally.
  • You should be starting yourself on tablet Folic acid 5 mg daily as preconception medication.
  • Stress should be avoided under any circumstances as it not only make menses irregular, but can affect the mucus consistency as well.

|