Q. I have good ovulation but not able to get pregnant. Should I use Progesterone suppositories?

Dr. Lorena Zijaj
and medically reviewed by Dr. Preetha J
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 09, 2020 and last reviewed on: Nov 25, 2020

I have been trying to conceive, and there have been successful ovulation (confirmed through follicular tracking) using combined Letrozole and Clomid and an hCG trigger for ovulation. I have ovulated on about three cycles now, but I did not conceive. I have PCOS, and my husband’s semen analysis result is fine. What could be hindering conception? We have regular intercourse every day during my fertile window. I think the problem may be my cervical mucus not being fertile enough, I just got a supplement for fertile cm, and I also just purchased pre-seed lubricant to use, hoping it would improve the cervical mucus.

I do not know if Progesterone may also be an issue cos I have PCOS, and Progesterone levels are not so good. I am on my fourth cycle now, and ovulation should be next week. Should I use Progesterone suppositories after ovulation? What do you suggest that I do, please? I am currently taking Myo Inositol, Metformin, Folic acid, FertileCM, and Letrozole.

#

PCOS (Polycystic ovary syndrome) is one of the causes of infertility; you can continue with the induction of ovulation for more than three-cycle. After that, there are other methods of conceiving. You can also try Metformin, which helps for the induction of ovulation. If you get pregnant, you can use Progesterone; there are no benefits of using it before. Anyway, the chance of conceiving are very high. You do not have to stress. I wish you a sooner pregnancy.

|