Q. What is cervical rib?

Dr. Shakti A. Goel

My daughter is 6 years old. She always complains that she feels some pain in the back side of her neck. We have checked with an orthopedician. From her x-ray, he said that this is due to cervical rib, an extra bone in the neck. Please suggest regarding this.

Dr. Shakti A. Goel

Orthopedics And Traumatology
#

• Cervical rib is an extra rib above the first rib. Nothing needs to be done as of now and she needs to be reassured.
  • If the rib causes serious problems like arterial compression or nerve pressure in the future, then it can be removed by surgical methods.
  • As of now, I would recommend just reassurance and some analgesics. Please wait and watch. Thank you.

For further information consult an orthopaedician and traumatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumatologist

| 

My left arm is paining and turned purple after a dance practice. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My entire left arm is paining. I feel like the nerves pop when I finish playing the flute. I went to a dance practice, and my hand was purple, and after I massaged it, it went back to its normal color. What is causing this? What can I do to fix it?  Read Full »

Dolo 650 MG Tablet

Article Overview: Tablet Dolo 650 mg is the most common tablet used during a fever and to relieve pain. Read about its uses, dosage, side effects, drug warnings, interactions, precautions, and more. Read Article

Dr. Sneha Kannan
Pharmacologist

Overview : Dolo 650 is the most common medicine used during a fever and to relieve mild to moderate pain. This tablet effectively reduces fever and mild to moderate pain. The fever-reducing action is achieved by inhibiting the production of certain chemicals in the body and by increasing the loss o...  Read Article

What causes calf pain after taking a long walk?

Query: Hello doctor, I walked for around 10 km two days back. I am not a habitual walker. I felt cramp twice in my right leg during first 3 km and after stretching it was better. Then I consumed fair amount of water. But, after 24 hours I got severe pain in calf muscles and there is slight swelling. Plea...  Read Full »

Ask an Orthopaedician & Traumatologist Now