Q. Kindly advise the treatment for my wife's neck pain.

My wife had frozen shoulder last year and cured by exercise. She is 50 years old. Now, she has some burning type of pain in the side, back of the head, above the neck and also in the knee joint. She feel sleepless. She has her uterus removed for fibroid around five years back. Her height is 5 feet and weight is 60 kg. Her cholesterol is 242. Please advise regarding her sleeplessness and head pain. She is currently on Natrilix SR for BP, Stator 10 mg for cholesterol and Calcium tablet.

#

• It seems like her headache is coming from nerve compression in the lower part of the neck.
  • Did she ever have an x-ray for it? Has she used any pain medication for neck pain?

Revert back with the answers to the above questions to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

Yes, she has got an x-ray done and was diagnosed to have cervical spondylitis. I have attached the medications prescribed. Thank you.

#

• I do see that she is taking two medications, Natrilix (Indapamide) and a cholesterol medication.
  • Has she tried any muscle relaxant or anti-inflammatory agents like Ibuprofen? Has she used a cervical collar?

| 

She is using gel balm externally and she has not used cervical collar.

#

I suggest the following. Please consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.

• Capsule Gabapentin 100 mg at bedtime. If she tolerated, then your doctor increases it to one pill three times a day.
  • She would need a soft cervical collar to be worn most of the day.
  • She can use Diclofenac sodium 100 mg with food up to twice daily as needed for pain if her kidney function is normal.
  • She should do physical therapy for the cervical radiculopathy.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|