Common "Physiotherapy" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq


Physiotherapy is the process of restoring functionality to a site of the body that has been subject to surgical procedures due to certain conditions. It consists of both physical and occupational therapy. It prescribes a series of strengthening and maintaining exercises to a recovering patient for a fixed amount of time to aid in recovery and restore normal form and function.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Does the attached MRI show any sign of cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I need to have my mother’s MRI read by a radiologist. My mother has had neck pain for at least a year now, and her doctor believes the problem is arthritis, but not sure. My mother went to a physical therapist and had several shots in her neck for pain, but that did not solve th...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have read your query in detail and have gone through the MRI reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Please find my observations below. There is a straightening of the cervical spine. Mild degenerative changes are noted in the vertebrae....  Read Full »

What is the cause for persistent painless swelling of the leg in a small kid?

Query: Hi doctor, My 8-year-old daughter got a painless swelling from the leg, ankle to the foot, which has started hardening. The doctors diagnosed and concluded that they were nerves or blood vessels which they advised me to try massages which we did but no change. It is now two years. Kindly help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I need to see her foot, so please send a picture of it. I will check and let you know. If you have reports from previous tests, then please attach them then I will look. If it is due to vessels and nerves, then definitely physiotherapy will help. Please send pictures ...  Read Full »

I have chronic pain in my right leg despite taking medication. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from sciatic pain for the past year in my right leg. I am unable to walk long distances or run. I was earlier taking Maxmala, and now I am taking Gabapin NT, but it is not giving me much relief. I have undergone MRI tests. Please help. Thank you.   Read Full »

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I read your query and understand your concerns. Before taking treatment for sciatica, two things must be realized: First, medications alone are never sufficient for a proper response, and second, there is a need for a holistic approach. There is a definite need to add p...  Read Full »

I have been suffering from back pain for the past 15 months despite taking medications. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from back pain for the past 15 months. I am unable to stand due to pain. No medications helped me to reduce the pain. What could be the reason? Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Sharoff Lokesh Mohan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Thank you for your query. I understand your concern. If you are not getting relief with medicines then you will require an MRI scan. Get an MRI scan done along with physiotherapy. I suggest you to follow a few instructions such as, avoid lifting heavy weights, avoid...  Read Full »

I suffer from lower back issues. How to recover quickly?

Query: Hello doctor, I did a few wrong steps in the gym two to three years ago, due to which I have lower back issues. I experience pain every time I step in an uneven place. My doctor requested that I undergo a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan to check my lumbar spine. I take a few painkillers and an...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchilaprasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I will suggest something after looking at the reports.  Read Full »

How to manage oculopharyngeal muscular dystrophy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am an oculopharyngeal muscular dystrophy patient. I have gone for physiotherapy and speech therapy, and slowly, my leg is also becoming weak now, and it is not easy to get up from my seat or floor without support. Please give me some advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Oculopharyngeal muscle dystrophy is a progressive disease. It starts with the involvement of the eyes and throat muscles and later involves the muscles of the legs and arms. As your muscle biopsy was done eight years ago, you have had weakness in your leg muscles for...  Read Full »

I have JRA from young age. Physiotherapy or stretching helps?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27-year-old. I have had JRA since the age of six. I have been wheelchair-bound since age nine. I have restricted movement and severe deformities in many joints. I am not on any medication except Brufen, a painkiller. I have stopped treatment for many years as there was no progress...  Read Full »

Dr. Srivastava Durgesh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I understand your concern. Having chronic immobility due to arthritis leads to frequent joint contractures. Minor surgical procedures can help these. If there is no contracture, then physiotherapy will help. But if joints are damaged, then surgery is required. However, ...  Read Full »

I did not recover after surgery on my hand. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I had an emergency surgery six months ago punched through a window right arm cut both arteries cut radial nerve with ulnar damage and cut bicep tendon nerves back now almost full thumbs up the only issue is bicep. My question is there something I can do to fix it like lengthening surger...  Read Full »

Dr. Pavan N Murdeshwar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to If you are saying it is already six months since the surgery and if you are doing regular physiotherapy, still has not gained much of the actions, then it is not worth waiting anymore. There are many muscle transfer surgeries which can give you the desired movements ...  Read Full »

My ankle is rigid post-injury. Kindly suggest tips to recover.

Query: Hello doctor, I had a tibial plateau fracture, which was fixed three months back. After 20 days, I was diagnosed with chronic compartment syndrome. A series of wound debridement and grafting was done. I had a foot drop from the time of the fracture. Now it has become an equinus contracture, so rigid...  Read Full »

Dr. Renjit George Marcus

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your query and can understand your concern. As per the X-ray (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity), there are no arthritic changes in the joint. So I suppose an Achilles tendon lengthening surgery should be enough. But the nerves in your leg ...  Read Full »

My grandfather struggles with right-side control brain surgery.

Query: Hi doctor, My grandfather had a stage two brain tumor and got his left part of the brain operated on. Now he is fine but finding it hard to control the right hand and the right leg movements. So, he gets exhausted very soon, particularly after the right-side movements. Kindly suggest any ways we can...  Read Full »

Dr. Florilyn Joyce Chulsi Bentrez

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your query and can understand your concern. However, I suggest physical and occupational therapy for maximum recovery, especially after the first year of operation. Can you answer a few of my questions to help better? 1) How is his comprehension and verbal ex...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.