Q. Are my mother's headaches, body weakness, and pain due to cervical stenosis?

Dr. Aida Abaz Quka

My mother has had cervical stenosis and vertigo with vomiting past nineteen days. Earlier she had symptoms like weakness in the body, headache, right-sided shoulder, and body pain. I have attached the MRI scan, blood, and vertigo reports. Kindly help.

#

I understand your concern. I saw your mother's MRI (magnetic resonance imaging), blood test (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity), and suggested medications. It may take up to two weeks to recover with this therapy. In the meantime, I suggest wearing a cervical collar. Physiotherapy also may be needed. If the situation persists, I also suggest Mannitol infusion two times daily.

Kindly revert in case of further queries.

Thank you for the reply. Yes, my mother is already using a cervical collar. But the issue is if we remove it, then vertigo starts. Kindly help.

#

I would suggest physiotherapy for the neck to help improve your mother's situation without needing a cervical collar.

I hope you understand.

|