Q. What is the treatment for an eyelid bump?

Dr. Priyanka
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 23, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have an eyelid bump which is not going away. What is the treatment?

#

• Can you please send me an image of your eye, so that I can see the bump and comment on it?

Revert with more information to an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

I have attached the file as requested by you.

#

• It is a chalazion of the upper lid which is treatable. Due to inflammation, there is a swelling, and it appears like a lump.
  • I suggest you take the following medication for a week:
  1. Tablet Ciprofloxacin 500 mg twice a day for three days.
  2. Tablet Paracetamol once a day for three days.
  3. Moxifloxacin eye ointment applied locally.
  4. Systane Ultra (lubricating) eye drops twice a day.
  • If it does not subside, you have to undergo a minor procedure. It is not scary at all. The eye is anesthetized, a small cut is made, and all the contents are scooped out. It is very safe and done as an outpatient procedure.

For more information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

I need some clarifications. Is it alright to take any Paracetamol tablet or is there a specific tablet? And when should I take it? Also, how many times in a day should I apply the eye ointment?

#

• Any Paracetamol tablet will be fine. You can take it in the morning after breakfast.  The eye ointment is to be applied locally twice a day, in the morning and before bed.
  • Do hot fomentation frequently.
  • This treatment of eye ointment and eye drops is to be continued for a week. If the swelling does not subside, you can consult an eye care specialist.

For further queries consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|