Cherry Angioma

Cherry angioma is a mole-like skin growth containing tiny blood vessels or capillaries that can occur in any part of the body. It often occurs due to aging and increased exposure to bromine. This skin condition is treated by excision, electrodessication, cryosurgery, and laser removal.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I have got tiny bumps with a red dot on my hand with a lump that releases blood when burnt. Are these thrombosed capillaries within small warts?

Query: Hi doctor,I have occasionally gotten these tiny bumps with a red dot in the middle for years. Previously they have been mostly on my hand, with the lump ranging from pin-head size to the size of maybe half your little fingernail. I have a mole pen to get rid of them; when they are burnt, they releas...  Read Full »

Dr. Nidhin Varghese

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your query and understand your concern. They are not warts. The picture (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity) is of the small papules (as seen in two pictures, one is unclear). You have attached possibly a small cutaneous angioma. It can be conf...  Read Full »

What is the reason for the tiny, isolated red spots on the arms and chest?

Query: Hi doctor, I have tiny, isolated red dots on the arms (four on the left arm, three on the right arm), some on the chest away from each other. I am six feet two inches tall and weigh 250 pounds. I have an anxiety disorder (hypochondria). I am taking Coversyl (Perindopril) for hypertension and Allopur...  Read Full »

Dr. Shama Naaz

Answer: Hi, Welcome to The red spots over your skin could be due to petechiae. Petechiae are tiny red, flat spots that appear on your skin. They are caused by bleeding. They can sometimes be multiple and may appear as a rash. Do you get bruised easily, or does your blood take long to clot whe...  Read Full »

Can you give a second opinion for my skin pigmentation?

Query: Hi doctor,I am seeking a second opinion on an issue. Recently, a doctor at a skin cancer clinic observed my hands and arms and noticed sunspots on my hands. I have something similar on my right inner forearm. In the past, I have noticed a spot growing adjacent to this. Another, dermatologist felt th...  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Blotchy pigmentation is a common problem noticed in patients above 50 years of age. A sensitive skin predisposes more to such pigmentary changes. Your clinical images are suggestive of macular seborrheic keratosis or solar lentigo, both of which are benign. Although, comm...  Read Full »

Will blood blister go on its own?

Query: Hello doctor, I have blood blisters for over a month. I keep bleeding and would not heal. It stayed the same size. Sometimes it is warm to touch.  Read Full »

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese

Answer: Hello, Welcome to From your history and seeing the attachment photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it looks like an infected angioma, which is a cyst formed by superficial or deep blood vessels. There is no need to panic as this is a common condition and is treata...  Read Full »

I have angiomas on the back. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have angiomas on the back. Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Payal Chauhan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Yes, these are cherry angioma. What do you want to know specifically about these? These are harmless and will require electrocautery if you want them to get removed. No creams or oral medications are effective.  Read Full »

I have generalized itching and cherry color spots on chest and back. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 38 years old and a little obese. I have noticed two or three cherry color spots on my chest and back. Are they something to be worried about? I hope it is not a sign of some serious disease. Secondly, I am experiencing some generalized itching on my body. Last year same time of t...  Read Full »

Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have gone through your case. These red spots are called cherry angioma and these are nothing to worry. They are just like black moles which normally do occur on our skin. These are due to swelling of the blood vessel. In winter we take bath with hot water which makes ...  Read Full »

How can cherry angiomas be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I have cherry angiomas all over my stomach. Is there a natural way to get rid of them? I am on Lisinopril. I am currently working as a contractor and cannot see a dermatologist. Do you have any suggestions or recommendations?  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Well, cherry angioma is mainly due to exposure to the sun. It is more common in middle age to old age people. Frankly speaking, there is no cream or tablet to get rid of it. It can occur in any part of the body due to rupture of blood vessels. The only treatment for c...  Read Full »

What can the blemish on my forehead be?

Query: Hi doctor, Since one year, I am having a blemish on my forehead. Occasionally, the color of the blemish changes from red to pale red. It is not raised. I have tried facial cleansers and scrubs, but nothing seems to have worked. I am attaching the photographs. Please check them and suggest me some so...  Read Full »

Dr. Charu Bansal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have read your query and checked your photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I would like to know the following details: Can you tell me, if you are talking about the red spot that is surrounding the pale red area? Do you have any idea, when i...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.