Q. What can the blemish on my forehead be?

Dr. Charu Bansal
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 04, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Since one year, I am having a blemish on my forehead. Occasionally, the color of the blemish changes from red to pale red. It is not raised. I have tried facial cleansers and scrubs, but nothing seems to have worked. I am attaching the photographs. Please check them and suggest me some solution.

#

I have read your query and checked your photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I would like to know the following details:

• Can you tell me, if you are talking about the red spot that is surrounding the pale red area?
  • Do you have any idea, when it started? Is there a similar rash anywhere else?
  • Is there any itching or burning sensation associated with it?
  • Have you consulted a doctor regarding the same? Did you try any topical application?

Revert back with the above information to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

It is the red spot in the photo that is isolated. I just have one spot on my body and there is no itching or pain associated with it. According to my knowledge, when I moved to china a year back that is when it started. I have not checked with any doctor. Without taking any prescription, I have been using acne gel and Neutrogena facial scrubs. Thank you.

#

• You seem to be having cherry angioma.
  • Cherry angioma is a vascular structure that can erupt on any part of the body. It is because of sun exposure.
  • As time passes, these may increase in number.
  • It is known to be one of the signs of aging. But, these days even the young get affected.
  • No cream or treatment will work.
  • The only treatment for cherry angioma is pulsed dye laser carried out by an expert dermatologist.
  • Consult a dermatologist. Get it examined and plan the sessions accordingly.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|