Q. For the past four days, I have chest congestion and mild chest pain. Is it due to COVID-19?

This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 14, 2020 and last reviewed on: Mar 27, 2021

I have some symptoms with chest congestion for the past four days. I have mild chest pain. I am staying in bed and taking Tamiflu and Amoxicillin 2500 mg for few days. I have some improvement now. But I feel tired even after going for walk for five minutes. I do not have fever, chills, cough, or sore throat. I do not have any loss of smell or taste. I am paranoid about COVID. I do not have fatigue. But I had some yellow drainage from my lungs. I have insomnia.

#

Regarding COVID-19 (severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2), it presents with dry cough and fever. Later it turns into breathlessness. As you do not have a fever and having a productive cough, COVID-19 is ruled out in you. You seem to have an allergic cough or lower respiratory tract infection. You are taking Amoxicillin. It is a good drug of choice in treating respiratory tract infections. If you had any recent contact with any COVID-19 patient, then you need to consult your doctor soon. You need to do a chest X-ray and complete blood count for confirming it.

|