Q. I have chest discomfort with upper and lower back pain. Please help.

Dr. Bushra Qamar

I have chest discomfort and upper and lower back discomfort since yesterday. I passed stool twice today and the last one was cloudy. I am a 32-year-old male. My height is 5'6" and I weigh about 77 kg.

#

I reviewed your history. Do you have a burning epigastric sensation? Difficulty in breathing? Do you have hypertension or diabetes? What is your last meal? All these significant history points are important to exclude any cardiac problem or any gastric problem.

I do not have hypertension or diabetes as well. I felt chest discomfort specifically in the middle chest from time to rime. I do not have difficulty in breathing. My last meal, I had sotanghon soup and also I had a ginger drink.

#

It looks like that you have some gastric issue. Please make sure to take your dinner at least two to three hours before sleep and take some antacids tablets next time. Also, avoid chilli food and very hot drinks.

If you have this epigastric discomfort and chest pain with difficulty in breathing you need to do an ECG (echocardiography) to exclude cardiac issues. I will advise you on some antacid tablets or syrup Gaviscon available in both forms.

Gastritis?

ECG.

Cardiac issue?

Gastritis.

Antacids Gaviscon.

After one week.

I feel better now. I took Gaviscon and it worked. Thank you very much.

#

You are welcome.

|