Q. I have chest tightness. Is it caused by trivial mitral valve prolapse?

I have mild mitral valve prolapse for the past five years. From the last eight months, I am not feeling well mentally and having chest tightness and pain. After echo, I was diagnosed with trivial mitral valve prolapse and redundant chordae tendineae. Please help me, doctor.

#

I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Your echo and ECG are fine. The echo just shows a redundant chordae which means the chordae is longer. Trivial MR is normally seen in many persons. So, nothing majorly abnormal in your reports. This certainly will not cause you a chest pain or any problems. Neither you need medicine nor any surgery.

So, whatever is there, it is in your mind, not heart. You are having a lot of stress which is probably causing gastritis and reflux which is the cause of chest pain. Do you also have upper abdominal pain, nausea, bloating, burping, increase in pain on food, sour water feeling in throat or chest burning. These are the other symptoms and may be associated.

I suggest you get prescribed tablet Pan DSR 40 mg (Pantoprazole and Domperidone) before breakfast once a day for two weeks. Also, for headache and stress, to calm your mind, you should have some medicine like tablet Tryptomer 10 mg (Amitriptyline) bedtime for two weeks. Consult a specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.

For more information consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|