Q. Which is a good medicine to prevent heart diseases in a diabetic patient?

Dr. Ganesh P Sapkal
Published on Apr 17, 2018

I am 45 years old. I am a diabetic patient for the last one year. I used Ayurvedic medicines. Normally, the BP varies between 130/80 to 137/90. For the last 10 days, I am feeling uncomfortable in the chest.

Recent test report:

• Fasting 110,
  • PPBS 185,
  • TC 213,
  • Triglycerides 146,
  • VLDL 29,
  • HDL 42,
  • LDL 142,
  • TC/HDL 5.1.

The doctor advised me Glycomet 1000 SR, Roseday 10, and Pantocid. I am using these medicines for the last seven days. Two days back, I felt heart attack symptoms for five seconds. The doctor conducted an ECG which was found normal. One medical student advised me to take Novastat CV 10 instead of Roseday 10. Then after, I am feeling relaxed. But should I take Novastat CV 10, Ecosprin AV 75 or Roseday 10? Suggest me the appropriate medicine. Also, suggest how long to take. Or is it for lifetime?

#

Diabetes is a strong risk factor for coronary artery disease.

You had chest discomfort and one episode of heart attack like symptoms and your ECG was normal at that time. But, a normal ECG does not rule out a heart attack. I think you should undergo further evaluation for heart attack like blood tests:

1. Troponin T.
  2. Troponin I.
  3. Echocardiography.
  4. If needed, treadmill test.

Statins are recommended by the American Diabetes Association in all diabetes patients. Aspirin is recommended only when you have blockages in heart vessels.

Thanks. Hope this helps.

For more information consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

Do I need to take medicine for high cholesterol?

Query: Hi doctor, I do not have any health issues. But, my cholesterol level is high at 220. Do I need to take any medicine? Please let me know. I have attached my laboratory reports for your reference.  Read Full »

What ayurvedic medicine controls heart diseases better?

Query: Dear doctor,An acupressure therapist told me that I have a small problem in the right chamber of my heart and irregular heartbeat. But, I have taken an ECG report recently and found no problem in the report. If it is true, can I take Arjunarishta for that? Can I take Ar...  Read Full »

Do fluctuations in heartbeat denote heart disease?

Query: Hi doctor, My heartbeat keeps fluctuating. Sometimes, it will be 85 bpm and the other time 60, 57 or 58 bpm. Does it indicate any heart disease?  Read Full »