Q. Is it possible to get chest discomfort and abnormal heartbeat by using Embeta XR 12. 5?

Dr. Ilir Sharka
Published on Sep 07, 2019

Before six months, I had some abnormal heartbeat. I went to the doctor and he suggested me to use Embeta XR 12.5. Now, from the past four weeks, I feel a little discomfort in the chest area and abnormal heartbeat and used the same medicine by myself. Today I took ECG and got low t-wave result (today I took embeta xr12.5 for 2 times). Am I in danger? Please suggest to me. I am diabetic.

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiology
#

I passed carefully through your concern and would like to explain that your ECG recordings do not show any pathological changes (attachment removed to protect patient identity). So relax and do not worry about it. I just would like to recommend you discussing with your attending cardiologist on the possibility of further investigating any possible cardiac arrhythmia.

An ambulatory 24 to 48 hours ECG monitoring, a stress cardiac ultrasound would be helpful. If suspicions are raised after that, a cardiac MRI would definitely clarify the cardiac structure and function.

| 

Can Metoprolol be used for anxiety?

Query: Dear doctor, I am on longtime BP medicines, Metoprolol 50 mg and Losartan 80 mg once a day for two years. My BP went up to 145/100 often in the last month. I got a new medication from my doctor, Irbesartan 150 mg and Metoprolol 50 mg once a day. Now the BP is excellent, over the day 125/85. Pulse ar...  Read Full »

Why do I feel sudden chest discomfort and breathlessness?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a girl of 20. My height is 167 cm and weight is 75 kg. Over the past one week, I am having high discomfort and pain in my right chest when I breathe. The pain radiates to the right shoulder and right arm too. When I sneeze or blow my nose up, the pain is severe. I cannot explain this...  Read Full »