Q. Is it possible to get chest discomfort and abnormal heartbeat by using Embeta XR 12. 5?

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Before six months, I had some abnormal heartbeat. I went to the doctor and he suggested me to use Embeta XR 12.5. Now, from the past four weeks, I feel a little discomfort in the chest area and abnormal heartbeat and used the same medicine by myself. Today I took ECG and got low t-wave result (today I took embeta xr12.5 for 2 times). Am I in danger? Please suggest to me. I am diabetic.

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiology
#

I passed carefully through your concern and would like to explain that your ECG recordings do not show any pathological changes (attachment removed to protect patient identity). So relax and do not worry about it. I just would like to recommend you discussing with your attending cardiologist on the possibility of further investigating any possible cardiac arrhythmia.

An ambulatory 24 to 48 hours ECG monitoring, a stress cardiac ultrasound would be helpful. If suspicions are raised after that, a cardiac MRI would definitely clarify the cardiac structure and function.

|