Q. I am suffering from chest pain and I heard a sloshing in my chest. Why?

Answered by Dr. Philip Shenouda and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

Do you have a question on Chest Pain or Gastritis? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am an 18-year-old female, taking no medications, and I am 5'3" in height and 180 lbs weight. Since last night, I am having severe chest pains. I cannot sleep, and when I try to eat, my chest hurts more. It hurts all the time, but the severity comes and goes in spurts. I am not sure if this has anything to do with the chest pain, but just today, I was lying on my right side and moved to my left side, and I heard and felt a sloshing in my chest or upper abdomen area. What could it be?