Q. I have mild and irritating left-sided chest pain. What is the cause?

Answered by Dr. Sagar Ramesh Makode and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Chest Pain or Electrocardiogram? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am having pain on the left side of my chest from the last 2 to 3 days. I am not sure, but it seems a muscular pain because whenever I am moving my neck in a particular way or when I press my collar bone, the pain is more. I have a clerical job, and I have to sit a lot in front of the laptop. Last year, the same thing happened, so I got ECG, blood sugar, cholesterol, and other tests done, which were all normal. And the pain went away after 5 to 6 days. I am around 40 years of age and a non-smoker, non-drinker, and vegetarian. Please guide me how to get rid of this pain. The pain is very mild and not regular, but it is irritating and also causing tension. Should I do all the tests again? Please provide your valuable guidance. Thanks.