Q. I have mild and irritating left-sided chest pain. What is the cause?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 13, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 18, 2021

I am having pain on the left side of my chest from the last 2 to 3 days. I am not sure, but it seems a muscular pain because whenever I am moving my neck in a particular way or when I press my collar bone, the pain is more. I have a clerical job, and I have to sit a lot in front of the laptop. Last year, the same thing happened, so I got ECG, blood sugar, cholesterol, and other tests done, which were all normal. And the pain went away after 5 to 6 days. I am around 40 years of age and a non-smoker, non-drinker, and vegetarian. Please guide me how to get rid of this pain. The pain is very mild and not regular, but it is irritating and also causing tension. Should I do all the tests again? Please provide your valuable guidance. Thanks.

#

• From the history and facts, it appears to be a non-cardiac pain. Also, you had similar pain in the past, and it was non-cardiac, so I think there is no need to worry.
  • Also, the cardiac pain will not worsen on movements or application of pressure, so in all probabilities it is non-cardiac. However, just to be crystal clear, you could get an ECG (electrocardiogram) done, and if it is negative, then there is absolutely no need to worry. It will also provide objective evidence.
  • It is most likely musculoskeletal in origin. You should get your vitamin D levels checked. Later, get cervical spine x-ray done to rule out cervical spondylosis.
  • At present, I suggest you try taking tablet Lyser D (combination of Serratiopeptidase and Diclofenac) or tablet Diclofenac 50 mg twice a day after meals along with some antacid like tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg before breakfast for 2 to 3 days.
  • You could also try Diclofenac gel or spray for local application three times a day. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines after their consent.

Hope this helps you, and get back if you have any doubts.

For more information consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|