Q. I have pain in the chest and arm though all the reports are normal. Why?

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abdelrahman Abouibrahim

I have a lot of chest pain and arm pain for the last few months. Especially my underarm and sides of the chest, and under chest worsens when pressed. All my reports are clear (blood and urine test, barium swallow, neck sonography, ECG, chest and arm X-ray). Though arm X-ray had slight calcification on the shoulder. For the last few days, I feel some kind of movement inside my chest whenever I make sudden movements. It also feels like something is moving and popping (majorly) in my left chest, sometimes in the right one, and just under the breast bone. Please help. What could the cause of this be? I did all my tests before this started happening so I do not know what is the next step.

#

From what you have mentioned, most likely you have musculoskeletal pain. Which may be due to trauma or strenuous exercise. Please provide me with a chest X-ray in order to exclude other serious diseases. Musculoskeletal pain is characterised with pain with inspiration plus tenderness when pressing. My advice is to use Voltaren gel thrice per day for three weeks. Deep heat thrice per day for three weeks.

|