Q. Why am I having chest pain with palpitations and acid reflux?

Dr. Naveed Gul
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 29, 2020 and last reviewed on: Aug 20, 2020

I do not know if everything that happens on my system are still normal.

First, mild chest pain. I do not know if it is associated with high blood pressure since I also experience headache almost everyday. The headache feels like there is something that snaps on upper back part of my head. Second weird thing is I often had palpitation (not just in heart but also on my wrist pulse and neck pulse) even though I am not taking coffee or any drinks that contains caffeine. The symptoms mentioned are together with shortness of breath, weakness, dizziness (worst of all, I even lost my balance and end up falling on the floor and having a black sight but I never been unconcious, that only goes for seconds then after that, I will be back to normal. I also noticed that since the class started last year I find it difficult to concentrate. Another thing is sometimes when I lay down at bed to sleep I experience acid reflux and sometimes had a cold feet.

For my medical history, the last time I had a worst disease is when I was in grade 3 (I am grade 12 now) and I was diagnosed with gum infection. I got cured and is not taking any medicines now. The shortness of breath anyway started when I was in grade 7 ( I am a grade 12 now) and I do not think there is something off in my lungs because when I was in grade 10 I had an X-ray then the result states that my lungs are normal. I have not visited or consulted to a doctor regarding on the symptoms I am feeling because aside from it, it costs a lot for a check up. I also feel anxious.

Dr. Naveed Gul

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

You have mentioned of mild chest pain, acid reflux, headache, palpitations and sometimes dizziness. Chest pain and acid reflux are related to weak lower sphincter of oesophagus and gastritis. Palpitations and dizziness are related to decreased hemoglobin in young females. These myriad of symptoms have to be looked togeather as sometimes anxiety can be a reason for all these symptoms. You should go for some investigations and follow up with those investigations.

Hemoglobin
Thyroid profile(TSH,T3,T4)
Serum Vitamin D3

Start with tablet Rabeprazole 40 mg once daily, syrup Digene 2 teaspoons thrice daily. Rest treatment after investigations.

|