Q. Kindly explain about apicolordotic view in chest X-ray.

Dr. Ilir Sharka

About the result of my son's chest PA X-ray. He is 18 years old, the impression in X-ray result suggests apicolordotic view. What does it mean or explanation?

Do you have a question on Chest X- Ray or Anticoagulation?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Ilir Sharka

FACULTY OF MEDICINE, UNIVERSITY OF TIRANA., POST-GRADUATION RESIDENCY CARDIOLOGY, DEPARTMENT OF CARDIOLOGY,
Cardiology

1. As the left atrial volume is apparently dilated and a prosthetic valve implanted, the anticoagulation would be necessary even though LAA closure would minimize the risk of thromboembolism.

2. Both drugs could not prevent aFib because of persistent mitral stenosis, Digoxin could control ventricular rate during aFib recurrences. Anyway both have potential adverse effects and need follow up.

What can be done when heart becomes enlarged due to cocaine use?
Query: Hello doctor, I was taking cocaine and alcohol once a week for 20 years. On the first of this year, I started getting a cough and breathlessness. I continue to do my binge until four weeks ago when I was diagnosed with mild left ventricle dysfunction. I then had a chest CT scan and lungs come back c...  Read Full »
Dr. Ganesh P Sapkal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your reports are showing mild LV dysfunction (left ventricle) with no lung disease (attachment removed to protect patient identity). LV dysfunction is likely to be related to drug abuse. Still, it will be useful if you provide your ECG and echo cardiography report. If ...  Read Full »

In chest x-ray, what is the meaning of bilateral apical inhomogeneities?
Query: Hi doctor, I have applied for a job in abroad. I was asked to get a complete medical checkup. In the chest x-ray report, it was mentioned as bilateral apical inhomogeneities. What does it mean?  Read Full »
Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan
Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A chest x-ray is a routine part of any pre-employment checkup. Your query regarding reporting of x-ray as bilateral inhomogeneous opacities suggests old or active infection most probably tuberculosis. So, it is advisable to do sputum AFB test (acid-fast bacilli) to rul...  Read Full »

Trending

Trending

Ask a Doctor Now