Q. Kindly explain about apicolordotic view in chest X-ray.

Dr. Ilir Sharka

About the result of my son's chest PA X-ray. He is 18 years old, the impression in X-ray result suggests apicolordotic view. What does it mean or explanation?

#

1. As the left atrial volume is apparently dilated and a prosthetic valve implanted, the anticoagulation would be necessary even though LAA closure would minimize the risk of thromboembolism.

2. Both drugs could not prevent aFib because of persistent mitral stenosis, Digoxin could control ventricular rate during aFib recurrences. Anyway both have potential adverse effects and need follow up.

|