Q. What are the treatments available for chickenpox in an adult?

Dr. Divakara P
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 16, 2014 and last reviewed on: Sep 16, 2020

What are the treatments available for chickenpox in an adult and secondary bacterial infection of the skin due to chicken pox?

#

Treatment for chickenpox in adults is tablet Acyclovir 800 mg five times a day for seven days.

For secondary bacterial infection, you can apply Soframycin (Framycetin) ointment over the skin lesions three times a day for one week.

You can also take some antihistaminics like tablet Allegra 120 mg (Fexofenadine) once daily to prevent pruritus.

Hope it helps.

Consult a general medicine physician online to know more about chickenpox --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

|