Q. What should I use to avoid chickenpox scars?

Dr. Gaurang Gupta
This is a premium question & answer published on May 24, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My chickenpox started seven days back. The fever has subsided now.

I had been taking:

• Azithromycin,
  • Acivir 400 DT,
  • Cetzine,
  • vitamin E capsule and,
  • applying Calamine only on spots.

A few spots are getting covered with a crust. What should I use at this stage to avoid scars? Looking at the pictures, will it leave any scar? How long will it take to go away?

#

Chickenpox takes around two weeks to get scabbed off. Since as per your query, if it already formed a crust, then now it will scab off soon.

Do not touch it or scratch it. Otherwise, there will be high chances for scars on the face.

The treatment you were taking is entirely correct, and you need not apply any particular thing on that.

Wait for a few days more around a week to get rid of them.

As per your photos, I do not think that they may leave a scar. Just you be careful not to touch or scratch.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Can I take a bath while having chickenpox? Till date, I had been only sponging.

#

Yes, you can take a bath. But, do not remove scab or crust forcefully.

|