Q. Please tell me some remedies for chickenpox.

Dr. Ashish Agrawal
Published on Apr 09, 2017

I have chickenpox, and the blisters are big. What should I eat, and what should I avoid eating? And please tell me some remedies.

Dr. Ashish Agrawal

#

You should consult a nearby physician to confirm the diagnosis of chickenpox.

I suggest you try the following.

1. Tablet Acyclovir 800 mg, thrice daily for 14 days.
  2. Apply ointment Acyclovir on the blister for seven days.
  3. Syrup Zincovit (Multivitamin) 5 ml for seven days, this will boost your immunity.

It is the course of action only after confirming chickenpox disease. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines after their consent.

Diet wise, you should avoid oily and spicy food, and eat a lot of green leafy vegetables. And drink a lot of water.

Do not burst the blister, as it is infective and will spread in the first few weeks.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Got chickenpox during pregnancy. What shall I do now?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 21 years old. My weight is 48 kg. I am 3 months 2 weeks pregnant. Now, I got chickenpox. I am very anxious about the adverse affect for my baby. I have visited a gynecologist and she suggested me to get abortion. Please clarify me the right step.  Read Full >>

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Really this is a confusing state, but this does not mean you have to abort the fetus right now. When mother get infected with chickenpox, fetus carries a risk. But the risk is only 2% and in those cases the fetus might develop rarely some form of abnormality. Thus...  Read Full

What does hepatomegaly with fatty changes, hydronephrosis, and SOL mean?

Query: Hello doctor, My mom has a severe abnormality in the lower abdominal part. On doctor's consultation, we have done USG. In the report, the impression shows that mild hepatomegaly with grade II fatty changes, right-sided mild hydronephrosis, bulky heterogeneous uterus with multiple SOLs. What does it...  Read Full >>

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is nothing to worry about. For hepatomegaly, you will have to lose weight and avoid oily foods. Mild hydronephrosis could be because of some infection in the kidneys which may require antibiotics. There is mild SOL (space occupying lesion) in the uterus which coul...  Read Full

I have an itchy and swollen rash that leaks straw-colored liquid. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I have had the rash for about a week and taken antihistamines. I saw a pharmacist today who said she had never seen something like this before so I was sent to a minor injuries unit who told me to come back in two days if it had not gone. It leaks straw colored liquid and is very itchy ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Kakkar
Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have noted your concern and I have viewed the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is infected eczematous dermatitis (IED). I suggest you take an oral antibiotic like either Amoxycillin 500 mg or Cephalexin 500 mg, thrice daily for a week. In...  Read Full