Q. How to cure chlamydia infection?

Dr. Vandana Andrews
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 30, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 13, 2020

Yesterday, I was diagnosed to have chlamydia. I am freaking out because I want to get it cured as soon as possible to prevent damage to my ability to have children later in life. Unfortunately, I am not able to get treatment from the nearby hospital for a couple of weeks. I was wondering if there is another way to get the treatment sooner if possible. The clinic offered free treatment, but my peace of mind and less damage done is worth me paying for the prescription as long as I can afford it. I just do not know where to go or if the clinic could fax the results somewhere. Thanks for the help.

#

I can understand your concern.

Chlamydia trachomatis is a STD (sexually transmitted disease).

You have got the infection from your partner so you both should be treated. Ideally, a vaginal swab test should be done to confirm the diagnosis.

You have not mentioned whether you have taken the test to confirm chlamydia infection.

First line agent for uncomplicated infection in non-pregnant patient is Ceftriaxone with Azithromycin 1 g orally for one dose or Doxycycline 100 mg orally twice daily for seven days.

If you can share your vaginal swab test with cultural and sensitivity then I can suggest you the right treatment. Do not panic. It will be cured once you take proper treatment.

Revert back with the swab test report to an general practitioner online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner

|