Chlamydia

I believe I have chlamydia prostatitis. Please suggest a treatment.

Query: Hello doctor, I believe I have chlamydia prostatitis. Six months ago, I started showing signs of prostatitis. I had a hard time urinating fully, I had pain and burning, fever, clear discharge. I was put on eight weeks Cipro. My body did not respond well to the Cipro. I stopped and had a chance to s...  Read Full »

Dr. Karthik Rajan

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need to know a few more details to answer your query better: Did you have any fever with your symptoms? Where is your pain mostly, near your anal region or along the urethra? What side effects did you have on taking Ciprofloxacin? If your symptoms are similar ...  Read Full »

I have penile discharge even after having medications. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor,I had gonorrhea or chlamydia five times. I had penile discharge before four months. I started taking Doxycycline, Azithromycin on and off for four months. When I take medicine, the discharge color changes from yellow to clear, and it is not all the time, mostly when I squeeze my penis (...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Psychiatrist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As there are no signs or symptoms like fever, wound, pain, burning micturition, or active discharge, the possibility of an active infection seems to be unlikely. The thin line you are mentioning that appears on the penile tip on squeezing seems more like the lubricat...  Read Full »

What are the tests used to diagnose sexually transmitted diseases?

Query: Hi doctor, I want to know about the tests to check for sexually transmitted disease or not? What kind of test should I go through, a blood test or urine test? Please state the procedure in the description.  Read Full »

Dr. Rajeev Chandra Shekhar Shrivastav

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Chlamydia and gonorrhea and other STD (Sexually transmitted disease) such as HIV (human immunodeficiency virus), syphilis, HPV (human papillomavirus), and hepatitis occur when: You are a sexually active girl or woman under age 25. You are a man who has sex with men....  Read Full »

May I know the set of tests to be done for gonorrhea and chlamydia?

Query: Hi doctor, Please explain the laboratory tests to be taken for gonorrhea and chlamydia. Is there any test other than urine and throat swab test? If I go for testing what should I ask? How much will it cost?  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I want to assure you not to worry as everything is going to be fine if proper care and treatment is opted in for. I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concerns.  Read Full »

Is there any chance of oral HPV transmission via kissing?

Query: Hello doctor, Four months ago, I had an encounter with a CSW. During that time, I kissed her mouth, boobs, and the outer lips of the vagina (not vagina). I had taken tests for HIV, HBsAg, HSV, after three months and all those came negative. During that time, I had taken a normal urine test for UTI....  Read Full »

Dr. Sangeeth Kumar

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You said you did your HIV test three months after sexual exposure. So, it is very unlikely that you got infected. Secondly, the likelihood of getting gonorrhea and other infections which you mentioned are very unlikely after three months. If you had developed gonorrh...  Read Full »

Can chlamydia be the reason for bleeding after sex?

Query: Hello doctor, Every time I have sex with my partner I bleed and I want to know if that is normal because I got diagnosed with chlamydia and we are still having sex (unprotected). I do not want to have cancer or anything. I am 18 years old and I am on birth control too. I just need some answers beca...  Read Full »

Dr. Atika Maryam

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you have chlamydia, you should get yourself properly treated for it because if not treated properly it can cause further diseases such as pelvic inflammatory disease. In your case, the history of bleed suggests that you may have developed cervicitis (which caus...  Read Full »

Can chlamydia infection cause chronic pain in testicles?

Query: Hello doctor, I am waiting on an initial appointment with my urologist but wanted to get some more insight into conditions I may have if possible. For the past 8 months I have experienced chronic, dull and sometimes mildly sharp pain in the testicles that seem to be the result of a chlaymidia in...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for your detailed description and test report provided (attachment removed to protect patient identity). After reviewing all actually STD might be recurrent and chronic as well. In male prostate gland can get infected and will need weeks of treatment as prostate ...  Read Full »

What treatment option should I try for chlamydia other than Doxycycline?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with chlamydia last August. I contracted it in June. I took the single dose of Azithromycin immediately, along with seven days of Doxycycline. I was prescribed after a urology procedure. I tested negative in November during my three-month follow up exam. I have not be...  Read Full »

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, as you have taken the antibiotics quite frequently, there can be a chance that there could have been antibiotics resistance development. Both Azithromycin and Doxycycline are effective against chlamydial infections and there was not any need to repeat both of t...  Read Full »

What are the chances of PID in a chlamydia patient?

Query: Hi doctor, I have recently been tested positive for Chlamydia, which I believe to have contracted around 3.5 years ago. In the past one year, I have been to the doctor for the following symptoms. Increased menstrual pain, dull pain during ovulation, yellow discharge, sickness during menses and one-s...  Read Full »

Dr. Sweta Singh

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, it is essential that you start the antibiotics as soon as possible. If you can postpone your holiday and go after the course, then it would be ideal for you.¬†However, if you cannot, then please start as soon as you come back. Having Chlamydia implies there is alrea...  Read Full »

Will Doxycycline interfere with results of STD tests?

Query: Hello doctor, I had an STD test done five or six days after unprotected sex with a new partner. The tests came back negative, but I have learned that you should wait for different windows of time before getting tested for certain STDs. This was about seven months ago. Today, I went to my gynecolo...  Read Full »

Dr. Richa Agarwal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history and understood your concern. As the incubation period of organism are different in every infection usually first test should be done after 10-15 days of exposure as your is done little early. But as you are not having any other sympto...  Read Full »