Chlamydia

I have penile discharge even after having medications. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor,I had gonorrhea or chlamydia five times. I had penile discharge before four months. I started taking Doxycycline, Azithromycin on and off for four months. When I take medicine, the discharge color changes from yellow to clear, and it is not all the time, mostly when I squeeze my penis (...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Psychiatrist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As there are no signs or symptoms like fever, wound, pain, burning micturition, or active discharge, the possibility of an active infection seems to be unlikely. The thin line you are mentioning that appears on the penile tip on squeezing seems more like the lubricat...  Read Full »

Can Levaquin be used for gonorrhea?

Query: Hi doctor, I did IgG test for HSV-1 and HSV-2 after four months of possible exposure, which was negative. Is it conclusive? Is there any need to do IgM test? If IgG is negative, can I consider that I am not infected?  Read Full »

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva

HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The time required for IgG (immunoglobulin G) antibodies to develop after the exposure to HSV (herpes simplex virus) is usually 21 to 42 days. A negative HSV IgG means that you have probably not been exposed to HSV. HSV IgM (immunoglobulin M) will tell whether you have ...  Read Full »

May I know the set of tests to be done for gonorrhea and chlamydia?

Query: Hi doctor, Please explain the laboratory tests to be taken for gonorrhea and chlamydia. Is there any test other than urine and throat swab test? If I go for testing what should I ask? How much will it cost?  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I want to assure you not to worry as everything is going to be fine if proper care and treatment is opted in for. I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concerns.  Read Full »

Is there any chance of oral HPV transmission via kissing?

Query: Hello doctor, Four months ago, I had an encounter with a CSW. During that time, I kissed her mouth, boobs, and the outer lips of the vagina (not vagina). I had taken tests for HIV, HBsAg, HSV, after three months and all those came negative. During that time, I had taken a normal urine test for UTI....  Read Full »

Dr. Sangeeth Kumar

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You said you did your HIV test three months after sexual exposure. So, it is very unlikely that you got infected. Secondly, the likelihood of getting gonorrhea and other infections which you mentioned are very unlikely after three months. If you had developed gonorrh...  Read Full »

On 168th day of risky exposure, chlamydia IgG is negative and IgM is positive. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, On 168th day of risky exposure, chlamydia IGG is negative and IGM is positive. Gonococci urine test- grams smear is negative for gram negative dipplococci morphollogically resembling gonorrhea. I have taken Doxy1 LDR Forte for one week (14) along with Flavospas 200 mg after two weeks ...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can consult a dermatologist and you have taken right treatment.  Read Full »

Can chlamydia infection cause recurrent UTI?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been with the same partner for 8 years now. During these all 8 years I have had several UTIs with some leading to severe kidney infections. Last week after almost two years of not having a UTI I felt the horrible symptoms again. When going to the doctors UTI urine test came back p...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. In UTI, initially, a broad-spectrum empirical antibiotic given and then according to urine culture report, a specific antibiotic prescribed. A certain antibiotic like Azithromycin if prescribed for UTI will be effective against chlamydia as well. For chlamydia, Azithrom...  Read Full »

As my HSV is positive, I am worried about HIV infection. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I had protected sex with CSW. After 16 weeks, STD test HSV 1+2 IgG is 13.30, Chlamydia trachomatis antibody IgG is 1.13 and HIV 1/2 combo P24 test is .05. I am in depression that herpes is positive and in future any chance of HIV positive. I am unmarried.  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. HIV infection has a window period of one to three months and during which the test results may have false negative results. According to WHO (World Health Organization), all results are considered conclusive at 12 weeks after the last high risk exposure. As your results a...  Read Full »

Please suggest the treatment for chlamydia trachomatis infection.

Query: Hi doctor, I got tested for Chlamydia trachomatis and got my report. It gives out the value as 2.2411 and the safety zone is 0.08. I would like you to suggest me the treatment. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

General Practitioner, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please upload your test results for my reference. Thank you. Revert back with the reports to a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist  Read Full »

A swab from my vaginal tear showed positive HSV-1 and IgG. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, After a few days of having rough intercourse with my boyfriend, I began having pain and yellowish discharge from my vagina. A nurse examined me and told me that I had a tear inside my vagina. She took a swab of the tear, and I had blood workup done. The reports showed positive HSV-1 ...  Read Full »

Dr. Manish Purohit

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Microbiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is rare but possible to isolate HSV-1 from vaginal discharge as you have a history of the same infection. Isolation of HSV-1 from vagina does not confirm it as a causative agent in your case because your reports and clinical photo (attachment removed to protect ...  Read Full »

I got urethritis and conjunctivitis after unprotected oral sex. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I got urethritis and conjunctivitis, at the same time a few months back. I had thick transparent penile discharge with burning and itching sensation. I got this after a week of having unprotected oral sex. I have had urethral swab and urine test done, and the reports showed ureaplasma...  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your genital symptoms are quite classic for chronic non-bacterial prostatitis. This is an ascending infection of the prostate gland from the urethra. Prostatitis is usually chronic and can lead to a dull aching pain for a long time. It is usually a consequence of gonor...  Read Full »