Chlamydia

Are the blisters in the neck and buttock suggest a chlamydia infection?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 39-year-old male. I had a body to body massage with a girl before three years and I had a chlamydia infection. I had some blisters near my bladder and I took antibiotics Azithromycin 1 g, Cefixime 400 mg, and Doxycycline 100 mg twice a day for 14 days. I took these medicines under ...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

Community Medicine Physician, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Preventive Medicine Physician, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The boils in the buttocks or neck appear due to folliculitis. Avoid friction or irritation or applying pressure in these areas. Avoid trimming the hair too short. Clean the area gently with warm water. You can try using topical antibiotic creams like Fucidin (Fusidic ac...  Read Full »

How to maintain cleanliness in my penis after STI?

Query: I got tested positive with gonorrhea and chlamydia and i got all the anibiotics for it. I had to go for a second round of antibiotics bc my area didnt feel fully healed. Even after the second round my penis still feels weird and its been weeks. I went to get tested 2 times (different times) and all ...  Read Full »

Dr. Nasir

Pain Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello the thing with these STI s is that the bacteria might get removed from the system with the help of antibiotics but some of the changes or destruction so as to say that they have caused internally will last for sometime. since you have tested negative for these infections after the course of a...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for recurrent Chlamydia infection.

Query: Hi doctor, I have chlamydia and I have been treated on four occasions. I have not had sex recently. I took all medicines as specified. The list of medicines and attempts as follows. First Azithromax 1g one dose, second Azithromax 2.5 g three doses, third Doxycycline 500 mg two times a day for 10 ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are other options that can be used. I have a few questions for you if you would not mind answering them. Did you ever get culture and sensitivity testing of the recurrent chlamydia infection? Have you been treated for a gonorrhea at the same time? Are you pregn...  Read Full »

How to manage reddish blisters in my leg and vagina?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been told that it is folliculitis and herpes. I tested negative on my blood work for herpes. What can it be? And can folliculitis look like this? The doctor said the lesions might be due to the irritation of chlamydia? So I tested positive for chlamydia about two days ago, and my ...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How long has it been there? Do you have any symptoms? Is that started with fluid-filled vesicles? I am looking forward to your response to help you. Regards.  Read Full »

How to confirm that my wife is not affected by chlamydia infection?

Query: I have been in a monogamous relationship with my wife for over 4 years. Recently we both had to get screened for a medical procedure she is doing in a month. I tested positive for Chlamydia, she did not. We both re-tested to make sure there were not false positive/negatives. Results came back the s...  Read Full »

Dr. Alexander Davis, Md

General Practitioner, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Dear Greg, I hope that I can clarify the situation: Chlamydia types D to K cause urogenital infections. The signs of Chlamydia-infected urinary and genital organs in men usually affect the urethra: it becomes inflamed (urethritis). The patient feels a feeling of pressure and a painful burning ...  Read Full »

I believe I have chlamydia prostatitis. Please suggest a treatment.

Query: Hello doctor, I believe I have chlamydia prostatitis. Six months ago, I started showing signs of prostatitis. I had a hard time urinating fully, I had pain and burning, fever, clear discharge. I was put on eight weeks Cipro. My body did not respond well to the Cipro. I stopped and had a chance to s...  Read Full »

Dr. Karthik Rajan

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need to know a few more details to answer your query better: Did you have any fever with your symptoms? Where is your pain mostly, near your anal region or along the urethra? What side effects did you have on taking Ciprofloxacin? If your symptoms are similar ...  Read Full »

I have penile discharge even after having medications. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor,I had gonorrhea or chlamydia five times. I had penile discharge before four months. I started taking Doxycycline, Azithromycin on and off for four months. When I take medicine, the discharge color changes from yellow to clear, and it is not all the time, mostly when I squeeze my penis (...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Psychiatrist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As there are no signs or symptoms like fever, wound, pain, burning micturition, or active discharge, the possibility of an active infection seems to be unlikely. The thin line you are mentioning that appears on the penile tip on squeezing seems more like the lubricat...  Read Full »

What are the tests used to diagnose sexually transmitted diseases?

Query: Hi doctor, I want to know about the tests to check for sexually transmitted disease or not? What kind of test should I go through, a blood test or urine test? Please state the procedure in the description.  Read Full »

Dr. Rajeev Chandra Shekhar Shrivastav

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Chlamydia and gonorrhea and other STD (Sexually transmitted disease) such as HIV (human immunodeficiency virus), syphilis, HPV (human papillomavirus), and hepatitis occur when: You are a sexually active girl or woman under age 25. You are a man who has sex with men....  Read Full »

May I know the set of tests to be done for gonorrhea and chlamydia?

Query: Hi doctor, Please explain the laboratory tests to be taken for gonorrhea and chlamydia. Is there any test other than urine and throat swab test? If I go for testing what should I ask? How much will it cost?  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I want to assure you not to worry as everything is going to be fine if proper care and treatment is opted in for. I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concerns.  Read Full »

Is there any chance of oral HPV transmission via kissing?

Query: Hello doctor, Four months ago, I had an encounter with a CSW. During that time, I kissed her mouth, boobs, and the outer lips of the vagina (not vagina). I had taken tests for HIV, HBsAg, HSV, after three months and all those came negative. During that time, I had taken a normal urine test for UTI....  Read Full »

Dr. Sangeeth Kumar

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You said you did your HIV test three months after sexual exposure. So, it is very unlikely that you got infected. Secondly, the likelihood of getting gonorrhea and other infections which you mentioned are very unlikely after three months. If you had developed gonorrh...  Read Full »