Chocolate Cyst

Is surgery necessary for intramural fibroids to get conceive?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 35-yearold female and do not have children. I have two intramural fibroids of 2.5 cm in size, putting pressure on the cavity. Doctor suggested laparoscopic myomectomy along with the removal of chocolate cysts on the ovary. I want a second opinion. Is surgery necessary? How long...  Read Full »

Dr. Richa Agarwal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history and understood your concern. It is better to go for surgery because it will increase the chances of pregnancy, and it is better to reduce the size of the tumor because it causes pressure on the uterine cavity. You can wait for 3 mon...  Read Full »

TSH level is normal but T3 and T4 level are quite high. Do I need a need medicine?

Query: Hello doctor, According to the lab report which was taken a week before TSH level is normal but T3 and T4 level is mildly increased. Please suggest will I be cured with medicine or without medicine. Currently, I am under medication for a chocolate cyst (Dienogest 2 mg).  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have just read your query, and from what you have mentioned, it appears that you have a normal thyroid function test results. The slightly high T3 and T4 are not a thing to worry because they can be caused by other hormonal medicine that you are taking for your cho...  Read Full »

I had a laparoscopic removal of a chocolate cyst.Is it possible for me to get pregnant?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old female. I am not yet married. In October 2013, I had a laparoscopic removal of a chocolate cyst measuring 10cm. The doctor suggested me tablet Ovral-L. But, after that I had aneurysm and could not take those tablets. Now, when I got scanning done 4 days ago, they fo...  Read Full »

Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, there are chances for the recurrence of chocolate cyst. Usually the cyst wall is removed while doing cystectomy (removal of the cyst) to decrease the chances of recurrence. For this, you can consult your gynaecologist and take only progesterones or GnRH agoni...  Read Full »