Q. I have intramural fibroids. Is it necessary to undergo surgery to get conceive?

Dr. Richa Agarwal
Published on Oct 12, 2019

I am 35-yearold female and do not have children. I have two intramural fibroids of 2.5 cm in size, putting pressure on the cavity.

Doctor suggested laparoscopic myomectomy along with the removal of chocolate cysts on the ovary. I want a second opinion.

Is surgery necessary? How long should I wait to conceive after surgery?

Is reduction of the size of tumor necessary before surgery?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

I have gone through your history and understood your concern.

It is better to go for surgery because it will increase the chances of pregnancy, and it is better to reduce the size of the tumor because it causes pressure on the uterine cavity.

You can wait for 3 months after surgery to conceive again.

I am already 35 years old. Can I conceive at this age after the surgeries of cysts and fibroids?

TSH level is normal but T3 and T4 level are quite high. Do I need a need medicine?

Query: Hello doctor, According to the lab report which was taken a week before TSH level is normal but T3 and T4 level is mildly increased. Please suggest will I be cured with medicine or without medicine. Currently, I am under medication for a chocolate cyst (Dienogest 2 mg).  Read Full »

How to manage heavy menstrual flow?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from heavy menstrual flow for the past 1.5 years. Around six months, I had heavy flow with clots. Now, I have been menstruating for the past 20 days continuously with heavy flow and clots. My current medication includes capsule Gynae CVP, tablet Augmentin and caps...  Read Full »

Is it possible to have successful IVF even after having multiple fibroids?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 36 years old, and I have a 2-year old daughter. I have been trying for another baby for more than a year. So I was told to go for IVF. I had an ultrasound recently, and there are multiple fibroids present. I am more worried regarding the submucosal fibroid measuring 1.8 × 1.7 ...  Read Full »