Q. What is the treatment when TSH is normal but T3 and T4 level are high?

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
Published on May 31, 2019

According to the lab report which was taken a week before TSH level is normal but T3 and T4 level is mildly increased. Please suggest will I be cured with medicine or without medicine. Currently, I am under medication for a chocolate cyst (Dienogest 2 mg).

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetology Endocrinology
#

I have just read your query, and from what you have mentioned, it appears that you have a normal thyroid function test results. The slightly high T3 and T4 are not a thing to worry because they can be caused by other hormonal medicine that you are taking for your chocolate cyst.You can keep checking your thyroid function test every three months. I hope you find my advice beneficial.

| 

Does physiological rise in total T3 and T4 levels mean pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I recently had my thyroid test done. I am attaching the reports of the same. The note reads that a physiological rise in total T3 and T4 levels are seen in pregnancy and patients on steroids. Does it mean that I am pregnant? I am worried.  Read Full »

What can be done for gum bleeding associated with choanal bleeding?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 43-year-old female and have been suffering from gum bleeding and recently had episodes of posterior choanal bleeding, I was examined by a dentist and ENT surgeon and they could not find any abnormality. I am a hypothyroid patient and I had to stop taking medicine for it due to...  Read Full »

Ask an Endocrinologist Now