Q. Why do I have breathlessness while walking?

Dr. Vivek Singla
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 13, 2016 and last reviewed on: Nov 29, 2022

I am a normal healthy individual with a sedentary lifestyle. I weigh 67 kg, and my height is 165 cm. I experience some breathlessness when I walk. Hence, I want to understand if there is something wrong with me. My annual medical checkup (over the last three years) shows my cholesterol levels above normal and higher values in the blood hemogram report. My vitamin D levels are also deficient over three years. My BP is 140/80 mm of Hg, and my heart rate ranges between 65 and 78 bpm. Two years back, I took ayurveda medicines to reduce cholesterol levels. My concern is that I will have cardiovascular issues if I do not notice these higher values in my cholesterol and hemogram levels and my vitamin D deficiency. I have attached my recent reports. Please review my reports and suggest if there is a need to take any medication to control cholesterol and hemogram levels. Do I need to take any supplements for my vitamin D deficiency? For comparative purposes and better diagnosis, I have also attached my test results for the past three years that have a high value.

#

I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

1. I would like to know about your diet. Do you have any allergies? Do you smoke?
  2. My suggestion would be to reduce saturated fats and trans fats intake in your diet.
  3. I suggest you start taking the tablet Rozavel (Rosuvastatin) 10 mg daily at bedtime. Take capsule Lumia 60k (Cholecalciferol) one capsule once a week for six weeks. Consult a specialist doctor, discuss with them, and take medications with their consent.
  4. For your high eosinophils, I will like to deworm you first. For that you can start taking tablet Zentel (Albendazole) 400 mg at bedtime. It has to be chewed for three days.
  5. Repeat your lipid profile after two months. The rest seems to be fine.

1. Start with drugs and lifestyle modifications.

2. Have a diet with low saturated and trans fats.

3. Begin with some physical activity daily.

4. Repeat lipid profile after two months.

Thank you for the reply,

I do not smoke. However, on certain occasions, I have smoked in the past. I am a passive smoker. I consume only beer once a week. I travel a lot, so I consume outside food almost every day. I am a vegetarian. I have no known allergies to sulfur. I am not sure about the reaction to other drugs. How long should I take Rozavel? Can you also give some input on the low vitamin D levels?

Thanks again.

#

You must continue the tablet Rozavel 10 mg for two months and repeat your cholesterol levels. If cholesterol levels are in the desired range, you can reduce the dose depending on the levels. Regarding vitamin D, take capsule Lumia 60k one capsule once a week for two months and then repeat the levels.

|