Q. Why do I have breathlessness while walking?

Dr. Vivek Singla

I am a normal healthy individual with a sedentary lifestyle. I weigh 67 kg and my height is 165 cm. I am experiencing some breathlessness of late when I walk. Hence, I am trying to understand if there is something wrong in me. My annual medical checkup (over the last 3 years) show my cholesterol levels above normal and also have higher values in the blood hemogram report. My vitamin D levels are also deficient over 3 years. I have a BP of 140/80 and my heart rate ranges between 65 and 78. Two years back, I had taken ayurveda medicine to reduce cholesterol levels. My concern is that it looks like I may have trouble with cardiovascular related issues later if I do not take notice of these higher values showing up in my cholesterol and hemogram levels and my vitamin D deficiency. I have attached my recent reports. I request you to review my reports and suggest if there is a need to take any medication to control cholesterol and hemogram levels. Do I need to take any supplements for my vitamin D deficiency? For comparative purposes and for better diagnosis, I have also attached my test results of past three years that have a high value. Thank you.

Do you have a question on Cholesterol or Higher Eosinophil Count?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Vivek Singla

MBBS., MD MEDICINE., DM CARDIOLOGY
Cardiology

I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• I would like to know about your diet? Do you have any allergies? Do you smoke?
  • My suggestion would be to reduce saturated fats and trans fats intake in your diet.
  • Start taking tablet Rozavel (Rosuvastatin) 10mg daily at bedtime. Take capsule Lumia 60k (Cholecalciferol) one capsule once a week for six weeks.
  • For your high eosinophils, I will like to deworm you first. For that you can start taking tablet Zentel (Albendazole) 400 mg at bedtime. It has to be chewed for three days.
  • Repeat your lipid profile after two months. The rest seems to be fine.

1. Start with drugs and lifestyle modifications.
2. Have diet with low saturated and trans fats.
3. Begin with some physical activity daily.
4. Repeat lipid profile after 2 months.

Revert back after two months to a cardiologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

Thanks for your input. I do not smoke. However, on certain occasions I have smoked in the past. I am a passive smoker. I do consume only beer once a week. I travel a lot, so I consume outside food almost everyday. I am a vegetarian. I have no known allergies to sulfur. I am not sure about reaction to other drugs. I would like to know how long should I take Rozavel? Can you also give some inputs on the low vitamin D levels? Thanks again.

Dr. Vivek Singla

MBBS., MD MEDICINE., DM CARDIOLOGY
Cardiology

• You need to continue tablet Rozavel 10 mg for two months and repeat your cholesterol levels. If cholesterol levels are in desired range you can reduce the dose depending upon the levels.
  • Regarding vitamin D you take capsule Lumia 60k one capsule once a week for two months and then repeat the levels.

Revert back for follow up after two months to a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

Why does my breathlessness get worse when cocaine wears off?
Query: Hello doctor, I have been taking cocaine once a week for 20 years and on the 1st of last month, I started getting a cough and breathless. It was getting worse when the cocaine wore off. Anyway, I had an ECG which was clear and a 24-hour tape also clear. CT scan on lungs clear. Then I had an ultraso...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, cocaine has got a wide range of effects on the heart. So, hypokinesia means there is some damage to the heart which may be due to cocaine or may be due to coexistent coronary artery disease. So, you will need coronary angiography preferably, conventional and...  Read Full »

Please give me necessary medical advice after seeing my annual blood reports.
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 5.10 feet male, who weighs 65 kg, and I am attaching my annual blood reports. Please give me necessary medical advice.  Read Full »
Dr. Ashish Jayanand Chandwadkar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) are not clear. Please attach clear reports along with current or past medications, history of previous illness, and current complaints. Revert with more information to an internal medicine physician onl...  Read Full »

How to treat breathlessness in a metastatic breast cancer patient?
Query: Hi doctor, The patient is oxygen dependent because of pleurodesis since 1 month. She is suffering from breathlessness after talc pleurodesis. She has metastatic breast cancer with distant spread to the lung and liver. There is residual pleural effusion along with bilateral lower lobe consolidation. ...  Read Full »
Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan
Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read all the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) including your CT scan. It is very sad to be in such a situation with multiple problems. Metastatic breast cancer with underlying lung comorbidities is the cause of her breathlessness. Overal...  Read Full »

Trending

Trending

Ask a Doctor Now