Q. From my blood reports, please tell me if I am anemic.

Published on Dec 06, 2016

I have got a blood test done. Please find the attached reports. Please let me know if I need to take any specific medicine. When I searched on the internet, I found that I may be anemic. Please reply.

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Plastic Surgery – Reconstructive And Cosmetic Venereology
#

I have seen the reports attached here (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• High TIBC (total iron binding capacity) indicates low iron in the body. Low transferrin saturation again indicates low iron and so does the low mean corpuscle volume.
  • I suggest you tablet Zinfe-XT (combination of zinc, folic acid and vitamins) once daily. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
  • You are having high cholesterol, so start control your cholesterol level by diet modification as well as physical activity. If it is not getting controlled by this, then you may require oral hypolipidemic medications.
  • You are having high TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone), which indicates hypothyroidism. But, it is needed to be confirmed by repeat testing before starting any medications. Diet and exercise do play an important role in maintaining thyroid function.

For further information consult a general practitioner online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner

I am having intermittent palpitations. Is it due to hypothyroidism?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 28 years old. Experiencing intermittent palpitations from last three months. ECG, echo, TMT is normal. The lipid profile shows increased triglycerides in serum 189 mg/dl. Recently, I was diagnosed with subclinical hypothyroidism for which I am taking Levothyroxine from last one m...  Read Full »

I am getting sudden chest and back pain for the past six months. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have chest pain, and back pain for the past six months and feeling heavy in the mornings. Feeling like vomiting in the morning, and sometimes, sudden high pain in chest on walking.  Read Full »

Can hypothyroidism cause joint pain, shivering and fever?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 30 years old. My weight is 60 kg and height is 5'10". Three months before, I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. Also, I am suffering from joint pain, shivering and fever. For this condition doctor advised me to take Thyrox 50 mcg, Thyrox 100 mcg for 10 days and Thyrox 125 mcg for ne...  Read Full »

Ask a General Practitioner Now