Get E-Book on COVID-19

Q. Please give me necessary medical advice after seeing my annual blood reports.

Answered by
Dr. Ashish Jayanand Chandwadkar
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 07, 2017

Hi doctor,

I am a 5.10 feet male, who weighs 65 kg, and I am attaching my annual blood reports. Please give me necessary medical advice.

Dr. Ashish Jayanand Chandwadkar

General Medicine Internal Medicine


Welcome to

  • The attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) are not clear. Please attach clear reports along with current or past medications, history of previous illness, and current complaints.

Revert with more information to an internal medicine physician online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Hi doctor,

Thank you for replying. I have attached the reports again.

Dr. Ashish Jayanand Chandwadkar

General Medicine Internal Medicine


Welcome back to

I went through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Looking at your age, the reports are fair. The interpretations are as follows:

  • You might want to check your fasting and postprandial glucose levels, as your HbA1C is somewhat out of range.
  • MCV (mean corpuscular volume), MCHC (mean corpuscular hemoglobin concentration), and other values indicate volume and size of cells, which are associated with low folate. I suggest you take Multivitamin therapy.
  • Looking at your lipid profile, you have high triglycerides, high VLDL (very low-density lipoprotein), and low HDL (high-density lipoprotein). But at your age, it is common. According to me, you might decrease intake of fatty foods and increase some good fats found in milk, fish, and nuts.
  • GFR (glomerular filtration rate) of the kidneys is low, but at your age, it is good. I would recommend you get ECG (electrocardiogram), blood pressure, vitamin B12 level, and an ultrasound of the abdomen done, after the consent of your local GP. And please get yourself examined at your local clinic.

Take care. Have a nice day.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
Does RBC count of 6 to 8/hpf in urine report mean UTI?
I am taking Amlodipine for BP. Do I need to change the medication?
Please help me lower my blood sugar levels.

This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Does Nicotine gums increase blood sugar levels in a diabetic?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a diabetic. Does chewing nicotine gum will increase sugar level? Does stress in the heart increase the sugar level?  Read Full »

From my blood reports, please tell me if I am anemic.

Query: Hi doctor, I have got a blood test done. Please find the attached reports. Please let me know if I need to take any specific medicine. When I searched on the internet, I found that I may be anemic. Please reply.  Read Full »

Also Read

I have a little patch on my hairline, which is not healing properly. Why?
Hi doctor, I am a fair-skinned 32-year-old woman. I have used skincare with SPF for as long as I can remember and have n...  Read more»
I have lots of afterimages and visual trailing. Could it be due to dry eyes?
Hello doctor, Can dry eyes cause afterimages and visual trails? I have a history of non-allergic rhinitis and dry eyes ...  Read more»
Hemophilia - Signs, Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
Hemophilia is a rare genetic blood disorder, that results from low levels or absence of clotting factor VIII or IX. Read...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Internal Medicine Physician Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.