Chronic Fever

What does symptoms like frequent fever, weakness in bone and no weight gain indicate?

Query: Hello doctor, My friend gets frequent fever and weak bone problems. She is not able to gain weight and strong bones. She belongs to a poor family though she has been visiting many ayurvedic, homeopathic MD's no one is able to figure out the exact reason. There might be chances of bone cancer? She ha...  Read Full »

Dr. Chirag Ashok Berry

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems from what you have mentioned that your friend is a 30-year-old lady with frequent episodes of fever and bone pain (assuming that the bone problems you mentioned are bone pains at multiple locations). If she is indeed only 70 lbs, then it is likely that she is c...  Read Full »

After the first chemotherapy session for CLL, my dad has a persistent fever. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I would like to enquire about my dad's health. He is 82 years old and has been having chronic lymphocytic leukemia for the past seven years. He had no symptoms other than the high blood cell count and was doing regular checkups every six months. Recently, his hemoglobin level dropped a...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to the icliniq.com. You have mentioned in the history that the patient is having chronic lymphocytic leukemia. And the total count is high, as per history. So, chronic lymphocytic leukemia seems to be in the aggressive stage. Blood culture and other scan reports are normal as per hist...  Read Full »

Can fungal infection cause low grade fever?

Query: Hi doctor, For around nine weeks now, I have had a low grade fever and that persists. Also, I feel a little upper throat fullness and mild sinus congestion. I have been in and out of primary care clinics many times looking for help.  I had two chest x-rays and they were clear. I also had blood test...  Read Full »

Dr. Anshuman Srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is a chronic fever, which is called as pyrexia of unknown origin when we are unable to ascertain a cause. As your blood tests and x-ray are normal, lung infection is ruled out. Conditions causing chronic fever are numerous. Also, certain infections like tuber...  Read Full »