Q. I get itching all over my body. Is it due to allergy?

I am 39 years old. I have a lot of itching all over my body for the past year, and I am taking Allegra 120 four times a week. After taking this tablet, the itching disappears.

I have done a blood test, and it shows some mold allergy. I am attaching the reports and some pictures of my allergy. These rashes, which I have attached in the image, disappears after 20 minutes. Kindly help.

#

If you had any past prescriptions, kindly upload them. Do you have any systemic diseases like diabetes, hypertension, or thyroid disorder?

No past prescriptions. And I do not have any diseases mentioned above. I hope you can see my allergy profile report.

#

I have seen the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

You are suffering from chronic urticaria. It is a chronic and relapsing disease that is not easy to cure. In 60 percent of cases, it is idiopathic, which means there is no exact cause of this disease.

I would advise you to investigate your thyroid level because it is frequently associated with it. You can start tablet Teczine M (Levocetirizine Hydrochloride and Montelukast) once daily for 45 days, and you need to review it in 45 days.

If there any eruption while on medication, we need to escalate the dose, so please contact us.

Is it due to my allergy test, which shows a positive mold panel? Can I use coconut oil? Is there any injection I can use?

#

In most cases, the allergy test has nothing to do with it. So I never recommend it to anyone for cases of urticaria for the following two reasons.

1. Almost everyone would be allergic to one or another thing. They may or may not be symptomatic.

2. Even after avoiding the allergen, the disease is persisting in most cases, so it is of no use.

Yes, you can use coconut oil any number of times without any side effects. Its last treatment is injection Xolair(Omalizumab), but it is costly, and cure is only 25 percent.

| 

Why am I having cold draining nose and body pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a cold draining nose and body pain. Please help.  Read Full »

How to treat papular urticaria in a small kid?

Query: Hello doctor, This query is regarding my baby boy’s health. He is 18 months old and recently had his varicella shot last month. Last week, he suddenly started shouting in the middle of his sleep and kept scratching his forehead and neck region. When checked two mosquitoes were near him and ha...  Read Full »

Piles - Causes, Symptoms, and Preventive Measures

Article Overview: This article will explain how to get rid of piles with the help of home and homeopathy remedies. Read Article

Dr. Sheetal R Bhanushali
Homeopathic Physician

What Are Piles or Hemorrhoids? Piles, otherwise called hemorrhoids, is the inflamed veins at the anus or rectum. They arise from congestion of the internal or external venous plexus around the anal canal. They are extremely common in adults. Causes: Although the cause of piles is usually unknown,...  Read Article

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»