Q. What is the cause of body itching and how to prevent it?

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

I have itching all over the body and different part itch at different time. And whenever it itches skin becomes pink like you can see in the photo attached. Also whenever skin itches I have some pain or movement in the stomach, I also have pain during bowel movements. What is the cause and medication for this and how to prevent it in the future?

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

Your history and clinical images are more in favor of acute urticaria. It is an immediate kind of skin allergy, and once it starts, it usually tends to last 4 to 6 weeks if appropriately treated. You could even try to identify any possible exacerbating factor. The usual ones are pain killers, flowering plants, pet animals, artificial colored food items, nuts, seafood, cement dust, etc.

You can start taking tablet Allegra 180 mg (Fexofenadine) once daily in the morning, and tablet Teczine 5 mg (Cetirizine) once daily in the evening for three weeks regularly. You can apply Calosoft lotion at sites of itch.

| 

I have stomach pain when I pass stools. Please suggest a medicine.

Query: Hello doctor,I have been suffering from a disease of the stomach for six months now. I feel a pain in my stomach when I pass stools. My stool is like mud or liquid, but not like water. I have consulted many doctors but I do not have relief yet. Please tell me what I should do. I am very worried.  Read Full »

I have stomach pain and darker stool. What could be the reason?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29-year-old male, and have stomach pain for around a week (mostly after eating). The pain starts in epigastric regions, and then to lower abdomen. I started noticing changing stool color to more darker stool. There is no diarrhea or vomiting, no fever. I am taking Omeprazole fo...  Read Full »

Piles - Causes, Symptoms, and Preventive Measures

Article Overview: This article will explain how to get rid of piles with the help of home and homeopathy remedies. Read Article

Dr. Sheetal R Bhanushali
Homeopathic Physician

What Are Piles or Hemorrhoids? Piles, otherwise called hemorrhoids, is the inflamed veins at the anus or rectum. They arise from congestion of the internal or external venous plexus around the anal canal. They are extremely common in adults. Causes: Although the cause of piles is usually unknown,...  Read Article

Ask a Cosmetologist Now