Q. I think my issues are because of botched circumcision. What are my treatment options?

Dr. Shahil Khant
Published on Dec 02, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

All my life, I have struggled with several problems that, after stumbling on a post online, I am now fairly certain are the result of a botched circumcision. My scar is very near my glans, with an unsightly blemish near the center. My erections pull my skin and testicles very tight, and also pull up the skin from my pubis, causing a visible shortening and an unsightly mound. I also have excess hair along the shaft of my penis, and my scrotal skin connects just underneath the glans. This has not directly affected sexual function, but it makes condom use exceedingly difficult and is also costing me significant penile length. What treatment options do I have? Surgical vs nonsurgical? Estimated costs? I would prefer to avoid the use of any mechanical stretching devices. I have one, but it is rather intimidating and I am worried about injuring myself.

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrology General Surgery Urology
#

Relax and do not worry. I have seen the images sent by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• Yes, you have a circumcision scar which is different in color and appearance.
  • As far as the position is concerned, it is near the normal place as all circumcision scars are near the penis head only.
  • There is a black skin patch over the shaft of the penis.
  • Scrotum attachment under penis is there, but I do not think it is very much on the penis shaft or near the head.
  • I personally feel you do not require to do anything if you are doing good with this.
  • Options are surgical and not medical. It is surgical removal of the scar and penile reconstruction. The scrotum skin which is attached to the penis can also be reconstructed. But there are chances that it may lead to more scars and the result may be bad.
  • Sorry regarding cost, as it will be decided by the operating surgeon based on the type of operation he prefers.
  • Please do not use stretching devices as you do not require it.
  • I still suggest you are doing fine and please do not try to undergo any more surgeries on your penis as it is too risky.

For more information consult a urologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

Developed with nodular acne on my left cheek. Is this prescription effective?

Query: Hello, I am a male, 24 years old. I have recently developed with nodular acne on my left cheek and visited a dermatologist. The doctor has prescribed the following for 15 days for pimples: Rejuglow face wash gel. Nilac ointment (twice daily). Minoz 50 tablet¬†(once daily). He has asked me to come af...  Read Full >>

Dr. Kalpana Pathak

Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to us. Acne treatment depends upon the type of acne lesions. From the treatment provided it seems, you are having pustular (pus filled) or papular (red raised bumps) lesions. In case of nodular acne, lesions are large nodules. For nodular acne we usually prescribe oral isot...  Read Full

I had a PCL surgery last month. When can I start walking again?

Query: Hello doctor, About a month ago, I underwent a posterior cruciate ligament reconstruction surgery, and the doctors fixed two screws in my body. The doctors gave me a knee brace after 15 days. When can I walk with the knee brace? When can I walk without the knee brace? Are the screws to be mandatoril...  Read Full >>

Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your MRI reports (attachment¬†removed to protect patient identity). You can walk with the knee brace support immediately if the doctors have fixed the bone with the screws perfectly. It depends on the extent of the surgery. Most doctors prefer to wait for a...  Read Full

I put scotch tape on penis to regenerate foreskin. Will my babies have birth defects?

Query: Hello doctor, To make a long story short, I used scotch tape and micropore tape respectively on my penis. Two straps of tape were attached to the penis in the form of a cross, so that they met in the tip of the penis' head, while the ends went all the way down to the skin of the shaft. This allowed...  Read Full >>

Dr. Arul Amuthan
Pharmacologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I could not understand what made you do this practice and what benefit would you expect in this practice? There are no scientific studies available to support using this practice. Let me give my opinion. First of all, the mucous membrane is one of the highly sensit...  Read Full