How can clubbed fingers be treated?

Q. How can clubbed fingers be treated?

Answered by
Dr. Suvash Sahu
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on May 18, 2018 and last reviewed on: Jul 13, 2023

Hello doctor,

I am a 25-year-old male and I have clubbed fingers. During my college days, I found out that I have clubbed fingers. But, I did not take that much serious. Now I am 25 and I feel shy to be in public to show my fingers. I have checked with a doctor. I do not have any heart or lung problems or anything else. Is it possible to have my problem addressed?



Welcome to

I have seen your query and your attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

  1. With your description and the given picture, it seems you have clubbed fingers.
  2. There are numerous causes for clubbing of fingers.
  3. You need to evaluate yourself by a physician for any internal causes.
  4. From a dermatological point of view, I would suggest you take tablet Biotin (Vitamin B) 10 mg once daily for three months. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the medicines.

Thank you doctor,

Can Biotin 10 mg cure clubbing of the fingers?



Welcome back to

I have gone through your query.

First of all, you need to have an evaluation for systemic illness. If this turns negative then I suggest tablet Biotin should help. I would also suggest taking tablet Xtraglo once daily. It is a combination of Biotin, Copper, Iron, Selenium, Zinc, L-cysteine, L-lysine, Methionine, Methylsulfonylmethane, Niacinamide, and Vitamin B5. These are good for all cutaneous structures. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the above medicines.

Thank you doctor,

I would like to know what dosage of Xtraglo should I take?



Welcome back to

The Xtraglo tablet contains Biotin 10 mg, elemental copper 2 mg, elemental iron 8 mg, elemental selenium 50 mcg, and elemental zinc 22.5 mg. This needs to be taken for at least for three months. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the medicines.

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
Can surgery fix tetralogy of Fallot in a 1-year-old?

.. tetralogy of Fallot depends on many factors. Some of the factors are patients pulmonary artery size, oxygen saturation, the ínstitution's experience in doing such operations. So consult your doctor regarding this.   Read full

I am anemic even after taking iron supplements. Why?

If it shows no iron deficiency, then you should get serum vitamin B12 and folic acid levels done, which is also the common cause of anemia ...   Read full

I feel dizzy and nauseous after taking two Ibuprofen tablets. What to do?

.. you doing? You do not need to worry about any of these symptoms. Let me explain. Biotin and Cranberry are health supplements, they do not affect the body adversely. Birth control pills, regularize the hormonal status in the body.   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

PCOS and Liver Problems
The hormonal imbalances in polycystic ovary syndrome could cause liver diseases. Read the article to know the relationship between these medical conditions.  Read more»
Inferior Alveolar Nerve Lateralization Technique
The inferior alveolar nerve lateralization technique is a surgical lateralization technique to reposition the nerve. Read the article to know more about this.  Read more»
COVID-19 and Ebola: Similarities and Differences
This article gives a comparison and broader overview of the outbreak of the two deadliest diseases that showed a greater incidence over the last two decades.  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Dermatologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.