Q. I feel dizzy and nauseous after taking two Ibuprofen tablets. What to do?

This is a premium question & answer published on May 29, 2017 and last reviewed on: Nov 07, 2019

I am a 18 year old female, and I weigh 135 lbs and 5.4 feet tall. I take birth control pills every night, along with two 500 mcg Biotin and two 500 mg cranberry pills. Tonight, I had a headache, so I accidentally took two 800 mg Ibuprofen tablets without thinking about it. I feel extremely nauseous, dizzy, and my heart hurts. What should I do?

#

How are you doing? You do not need to worry about any of these symptoms. Let me explain.

• Biotin and Cranberry are health supplements, they do not affect the body adversely. Birth control pills, regularize the hormonal status in the body. So, they have no effect too. But few of the side effects of the birth control pills are nausea, vomiting, dizziness, and gastritis.
  • Maybe Ibuprofen, which has a main side effect of gastritis, has tipped the balance. So, there is nothing to worry about, keep taking the same pill. I suggest you try taking antacids like Pantoprazole or Rabeprazole for 2 to 3 days. You will do fine.
  • If you are not relieved of the problems after 2 to 3 days, meet your doctor and have a change in the birth control pill. Better use any other painkillers next time. Ibuprofen is famous for the gastritis side effect.
  • Your weight is slightly on the upper side. Your expected weight is 52 to 57 kg. So, to reduce weight, I suggest you try doing the following.
  1. Avoid fasting, junk food, fast foods, red meat, and reduce snacks in between meals.
  2. Have a low-calorie food and a high-protein diet.
  3. Do regular exercise, especially for the waist and hip area, like aerobics, yoga, brisk walking. Try to reduce 2 to 4 kg a month. Do not hurry on weight reduction, it will be difficult to maintain. As soon as you reduce at least 5 kg, you will see changes.

Hope I have clarified your queries, do write back if any more queries. All the best.

For further queries consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|