Q. I feel dizzy and nauseous after taking two Ibuprofen tablets. What to do?

Published on May 29, 2017 and last reviewed on: Nov 07, 2019

I am a 18 year old female, and I weigh 135 lbs and 5.4 feet tall. I take birth control pills every night, along with two 500 mcg Biotin and two 500 mg cranberry pills. Tonight, I had a headache, so I accidentally took two 800 mg Ibuprofen tablets without thinking about it. I feel extremely nauseous, dizzy, and my heart hurts. What should I do?

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

How are you doing? You do not need to worry about any of these symptoms. Let me explain.

• Biotin and Cranberry are health supplements, they do not affect the body adversely. Birth control pills, regularize the hormonal status in the body. So, they have no effect too. But few of the side effects of the birth control pills are nausea, vomiting, dizziness, and gastritis.
  • Maybe Ibuprofen, which has a main side effect of gastritis, has tipped the balance. So, there is nothing to worry about, keep taking the same pill. I suggest you try taking antacids like Pantoprazole or Rabeprazole for 2 to 3 days. You will do fine.
  • If you are not relieved of the problems after 2 to 3 days, meet your doctor and have a change in the birth control pill. Better use any other painkillers next time. Ibuprofen is famous for the gastritis side effect.
  • Your weight is slightly on the upper side. Your expected weight is 52 to 57 kg. So, to reduce weight, I suggest you try doing the following.
  1. Avoid fasting, junk food, fast foods, red meat, and reduce snacks in between meals.
  2. Have a low-calorie food and a high-protein diet.
  3. Do regular exercise, especially for the waist and hip area, like aerobics, yoga, brisk walking. Try to reduce 2 to 4 kg a month. Do not hurry on weight reduction, it will be difficult to maintain. As soon as you reduce at least 5 kg, you will see changes.

Hope I have clarified your queries, do write back if any more queries. All the best.

For further queries consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Penis enlargement exercises led to swollen veins on my shaft. Please guide me.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a healthy 33 year old male. I have sex regularly and masturbate regularly. Over the years, I dabbled in penis enlargement exercises. I quit doing them a while back because I felt it was causing a damage to the penis. Recently, I used a cock ring, but for not more than ten minute...  Read Full »

My cervix length is small. Can I do some exercise to get normal delivery?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 23-week pregnant with DCDA twin. My CL at week 19 was 28 mm and I was asked to take bed rest. Can I do any exercise because I prefer natural delivery? Currently, I am taking Progesterone tablets vaginally and also weekly Progesterone injection.  Read Full »

Can antral gastritis cause hunger?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with antral gastritis, lots of acid in stomach and reflux. Problems started after I took some medicines. Since then I am always hungry. I eat more than before the problem started, but still I feel hungry. I am also suffering from excessive hair loss. Why am I always hu...  Read Full »