Q. I am anemic even after taking iron supplements. Why?

Answered by Dr. Sagar Ramesh Makode and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Anaemic or Anaemia? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I have a history of anemia. I have been taking iron supplements prescribed by my doctor for the past few months. After a while, I had an appointment, and my doctor said that I am still very anemic. A few years ago, I had an eating problem. I was overeating, but I did not gain weight. Is there something wrong with me?