Q. I have a common cold from last three years. Please help.

Dr. Duaa Salem Alfituri Shubar
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 31, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have a common cold from last three years I have tried many doctors. They only give Montelukast tablets to me. At first, they worked on me but later on these tables stopped working on me. Please help. I want to get rid of this.

#

The common cold is a viral infection that lasts for days, not years.

To treat the common cold, you need to take rest, good hydration, nasal decongestants, panadol cold and flu (Paracetamol, Pseudoephedrine hydrochloride and Dextromethorphan hydrobromide), an antihistamine like Zicam (Zinc acetate and Zinc gluconate). Consult a specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.

If you have this symptom for a long time, consult a respiratory specialist to exclude asthma.

For more information consult a general practitioner online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner

|