Q. Can I take Tadalafil and Bupropion together to conceive?

Answered by Dr. Poosha Darbha and medically reviewed by Dr. Divya Banu M

Do you have a question on Conception & Pregnancy or Tadalafil? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am currently taking Tadalafil as we are trying to conceive a child. I used to take Sildenafil Citrate but switched to Tadalafil a few months back. There are certain days when besides taking Tadalafil or Sildenafil I am unable to maintain an erection. This could be either due to low sex drive as this has become a routine chore or anxiety to conceive during ovulation so as to not miss the cycle.

Under such circumstances is it recommended to take Tadalafil and Bupropion together? If Bupropion is advisable then how many hours before sex should I take it? Can I just take this tablet on days of conceiving? Do you suggest any other alternative besides Bupropion? Taking Tadalafil is giving me side effects like dry mouth and dry eyes, especially while sleeping. The side effects reduce a bit after a few days but continue up to the next cycle. Is there anything I can do to reduce the side effects?