Bupropion

Why do I feel that my senses have dulled?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a period of time in my life recently where I was depressed and unmotivated. I have always had some forms of anxiety from time to time as well. More recently, however, I began to make strides to come out of my depression and started being happy and living life again, but I have no...  Read Full »

Dr. Devavrat Harihar Nene

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your symptoms, I understand that you have problem encoding short-term memories and processing information. To know this better, I need to know few things. Have you had any seizures in the childhood associated with fever? Do you misplace things? Is it difficult t...  Read Full »

Can Phentermine cause a bad taste in the mouth?

Query: Hello doctor, Two weeks ago, I started Wellbutrin SR. I started with a dose of 100 mg in the first week. In the second week, I went up to 200 mg following doctor's orders. The doctor also prescribed Trazodone 100 mg at night when needed for sleep. I stopped taking Trazodone because I felt...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your unpleasant taste in the mouth could be due to one of the two reasons listed below:  Phentermine itself known for this side effect Wellbutrin (Bupropion) and OCPs (oral contraceptive pills) can make GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease) and/or gast...  Read Full »

Does Wellbutrin affect testosterone levels?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 36 year old male. I suddenly developed sexual dysfunction, I have reduced interest, arousal, plateau, and orgasm. The triggering event seems to be the discontinuation of 150 mg Bupropion because of adverse effects. I switched to 20 mg Citalopram, and over the course of six month...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and from the history you gave and the levels of testosterone you mentioned, it is very high level of serum testosterone. There are usually some males who normally have high testosterone levels without any major underlying disease. I will discuss ...  Read Full »

Why do I feel restless, tired, and sleepy all the time?

Query: Hi doctor, I feel my legs are restless and lack energy. I am feeling tired with frequent yawning and sleepiness in daytime. Sometimes, I feel nervous and vertigo while walking. Please suggest a medicine. I had Escitalopram 10 mg bd, but it did not work well. My other medication list is attached for...  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms described by you are symptoms of depression which are due to low dopamine levels. Escitalopram increases serotonin levels and there is a dopamine deficit remaining in most patients. My advice would be to add Bupropion (Bupron XL) 150 mg to existing drugs. Y...  Read Full »

Please suggest the best option to quit smoking.

Query: Hi doctor, Among Nicotine gum, Bupron and Varenicline, which is better for quit smoking? Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

General Practitioner, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. All three have different indications. Still Varenicline is best to control smoking. They are known to reduce craving. Bupropion is preferred, if associated depressive symptoms present. Nicotine gum or patch preferred, if person is not able to control desire by above th...  Read Full »

Is it recommended to take Tadalafil and Bupropion together?

Query: Hello doctor, I am currently taking Tadalafil as we are trying to conceive a child. I used to take Sildenafil Citrate but switched to Tadalafil a few months back. There are certain days when besides taking Tadalafil or Sildenafil I am unable to maintain an erection. This could be either due to low ...  Read Full »

Dr. Poosha Darbha

Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First, I would like to know the frequency of intercourse and the days on which you are trying for pregnancy. I mean, do you have sex every day during those days? Once every other day?  Read Full »

Can antidepressants cause low sex drive?

Query: Hi doctor, I have no sex drive whatsoever and cannot obtain an orgasm. Please help.  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query with due interest and understand your concerns. Low sex drive is a common symptom of a variety of medical and psychiatric disorders. Before I speculate anything about it I need you to answer a few questions in detail. Mention the duration of the pro...  Read Full »

Shall I take Tadalafil tablet to maintain erection?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 32 years of age weighing 76 kg and my height is 5 feet 6 inches. I am unable to maintain erection. I have been experiencing this since a year. Prior to that, it was all fine and great. I have not had any other health issue and my BP, sugar levels, cholesterol are all normal. I e...  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can safely take tablet Tadalafil (10 mg or 20 mg) half an hour before sexual activity. It can be taken on alternate days if needed because the effect lasts for two days. You could also take tablet Tetrafol plus (combination of Levomefolate calcium, Pyridoxal 5-phospha...  Read Full »

Would it be dangerous to take Cardarine while on Nardil?

Query: Hello doctor, I am currently on 90 mg of Nardil (Phenelzine), which has proven to be a miracle drug for me. I have found over the years that many drugs you are supposed to avoid while on MAOIs are really acceptable. For instance, in order to counteract the daytime sleepiness side effect, I am actu...  Read Full »

Dr. Danish Qureshi

Pharmacologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Yes, you are right. Bupropion is contraindicated with MAO inhibitors (monoamine oxidase inhibitors) as it may cause seizures. Daytime sleepiness is very hard to avoid, but you may try some natural stimulants like green tea and if needed you c...  Read Full »

We are planning for a baby. Will my penis size affect this in any way?

Query: Hi doctor, Please help me get rid of the following issues. I got married before two months. I have 2.5 inch flaccid penis and when erected it is around 5 inches. Is this normal? Can I make my wife pregnant? While masturbating, I am able to erect up to 5 inches and also produce sperm. But during in...  Read Full »

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your problem. Penis size is not an issue. Because of penis size, your wife will not get any problem with pregnancy. So be relaxed. Your problem is delayed ejaculation, probably due to your anxiety. So I am prescribing you some medications for erectile dysfun...  Read Full »