Common "Bupropion" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Bupropion

Bupropion is an antidepressant. It works by increasing the activity of dopamine and norepinephrine. It comes in both immediate-release and extended-release forms. It is used in the treatment of depression, for quitting smoking, seasonal affective disorder, etc. It is contraindicated in patients with a seizure disorder, alcohol intake, and patients on monoamine oxidase inhibitor. Side effects are constipation, confusion, headache, nausea, seizure, dizziness, sweating, rash, fast heartbeat, etc.