Q. There are recurrent cluster of bumps on the penis every three months. Why?

Dr. Sandeep Golla

I have a cluster of bumps on the penis. This has been going on and off for two years. I have this recurrent cluster of bumps. They appear at the same spot about every three months. 

#

Your concern may be condylomata accuminata.

It is a type of viral infection due to human papillomavirus.

Do you have any history of unprotected sexual exposure? If yes, go for an STD panel investigation which includes:

1. VDRL (venereal disease research laboratory).
  2. Complete urine examination.
  3. Fourth generation ELISA.

Plan for cryotherapy for the existing lesions.

You require episodic treatment whenever new lesions pop up.

If you are married, get a Pap smear done for your spouse.

This may help you.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Yes, I went on an island holiday and had unprotected sex two years ago. The girl had a lot of moles on her body and face. Is there any type of cure or would I need to seek treatment anytime I get lesions?

#

There are a few topical creams or lotions available:

1. Imiquimod.
  2. Podophyllotoxin lotion.
  3. Trichloroacetic acid.

A few procedures you may have to consider:

1. Electrocautery.
  2. LASER.
  3. Cryotherapy.

Of these, cryotherapy is the best.

For the use of topical lotions, I recommend you have a personal consultation with a dermatologist near you. They cause irritation if applied and may have few side effects. So, it is better to be under a doctor's direct supervision when you are using these topical medications.

HPV infection is not a serious infection in males but may cause cervical malignancy in females.

Get treated and screen your spouse for HPV (human papillomavirus) infection if you are married.

Plan for Gardasil vaccination for your spouse if HPV is not detected yet.

| 

Can HPV be transmitted by kissing?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a few warts on my leg and a barely noticeable wart on my penis. My doctor said that they look like HPV. He advised me to apply antifungal and steroid cream and wear condoms. The cream was not very effective even after four days. Can it be something other than HPV? Will condom...  Read Full »

Can HPV in sexually active individual cause throat cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I do not show any signs or symptoms. Instead, I just want accurate information on the subject of HPV in a sexually active individual. I would like to know its role in throat cancer. Yes, I know it can cause it, but I would like to know more regarding numbers. Is it rare? What percent...  Read Full »

I have wart-like lesions in my left groin. Are they genital warts?

Query: Hello doctor, There are soft wart-like lesions in my left groin region. A picture is attached for your reference. It is itchy on and off and it is mildly painful. Is this a genital wart?  Read Full »

I get twitches on my calves, shoulders, and head after getting the Novavax COVID vaccine. Please help.
Hello doctor, I got the Novavax COVID vaccine. Since I had the vaccine, I had bad arm pain. But the scary thing that ha...  Read more»
It hurts when I push above my left breast bone. Please help.
Hi doctor, I have been having some chest pain issues. When I push above my left breast bone it hurts in only one spot. ...  Read more»
Bird Flu (Avian Influenza) - Causes, Symptoms, Mortality Rate, and Treatment
Bird flu or avian influenza is a viral infection that spreads among birds and can affect humans rarely. Read the article...  Read more»