Q. There are recurrent cluster of bumps on the penis every three months. Why?

Dr. Sandeep Golla

I have a cluster of bumps on the penis. This has been going on and off for two years. I have this recurrent cluster of bumps. They appear at the same spot about every three months. 

#

Your concern may be condylomata accuminata.

It is a type of viral infection due to human papillomavirus.

Do you have any history of unprotected sexual exposure? If yes, go for an STD panel investigation which includes:

1. VDRL (venereal disease research laboratory).
  2. Complete urine examination.
  3. Fourth generation ELISA.

Plan for cryotherapy for the existing lesions.

You require episodic treatment whenever new lesions pop up.

If you are married, get a Pap smear done for your spouse.

This may help you.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Yes, I went on an island holiday and had unprotected sex two years ago. The girl had a lot of moles on her body and face. Is there any type of cure or would I need to seek treatment anytime I get lesions?

#

There are a few topical creams or lotions available:

1. Imiquimod.
  2. Podophyllotoxin lotion.
  3. Trichloroacetic acid.

A few procedures you may have to consider:

1. Electrocautery.
  2. LASER.
  3. Cryotherapy.

Of these, cryotherapy is the best.

For the use of topical lotions, I recommend you have a personal consultation with a dermatologist near you. They cause irritation if applied and may have few side effects. So, it is better to be under a doctor's direct supervision when you are using these topical medications.

HPV infection is not a serious infection in males but may cause cervical malignancy in females.

Get treated and screen your spouse for HPV (human papillomavirus) infection if you are married.

Plan for Gardasil vaccination for your spouse if HPV is not detected yet.

|