Q. My son has a painless bump on his palm. Is it a wart?

Dr. Saira Mohsin
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 03, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My son, who is 6 years old, has a bump on the palm of his hand. It is a hard bump, and he is on antibiotic Cefalexin 259 mg. Is this a wart? It does not pain on touching. He has had this for about a week and a half. His primary care doctor did not seem to know what it was so she prescribed an antibiotic. I have attached a photo of the bump.

#

I have seen the photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• Yes, it seems like a viral wart. You should go for electrocautery from some nearby hospital or from a dermatologist. I suggest giving him multivitamin syrup regularly for about a month to boost his immunity.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|