Q. My son has a painless bump on his palm. Is it a wart?

Dr. Saira Mohsin
Published on Aug 03, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My son, who is 6 years old, has a bump on the palm of his hand. It is a hard bump, and he is on antibiotic Cefalexin 259 mg. Is this a wart? It does not pain on touching. He has had this for about a week and a half. His primary care doctor did not seem to know what it was so she prescribed an antibiotic. I have attached a photo of the bump.

Dr. Saira Mohsin

Dermatology
#

I have seen the photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• Yes, it seems like a viral wart. You should go for electrocautery from some nearby hospital or from a dermatologist. I suggest giving him multivitamin syrup regularly for about a month to boost his immunity.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Can a viral infection increase the ESR level?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 30 years old male. My recent blood report shows high ESR level (48 mm/hr). I am having a cough, fever, and a headache since eight days. The doctor told me that I have a viral infection, and has given me antibiotics and a cough syrup. Please guide.  Read Full »

I have a painful white bump on my foot. What is it?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a white bump on my right foot causing pain and stiffness. I am confused whether it is an abscess or ulcer. I have applied antibiotics ointment and taken some antibiotic tablets as well.  Read Full »

Would viral infection affect the lymphocyte and neutrophil values?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a viral infection last week. Is it normal to have increased lymphocyte levels of 52 % and decreased neutrophil levels of 35 % after having a viral infection? It got healed within a week. I was fine when I did my blood test. My RBC and WBC are considered to be normal. As I have anemi...  Read Full »