Q. My girlfriend has a parasitic eye infection. Is it contagious?

Answered by Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Eye Infection or Blepharitis? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: My girlfriend has a parasitic eye infection.  Is it contagious?

My girlfriend had some irritation in her eye. So, we went to the doctor, who said she has a parasite in her eye. After reading about it on the internet, I am worried that she might go blind. It is a very new relationship, so I wanted to know if it is contagious?