Q. I am suffering from constipation since I was 13. What is wrong with my body?

and medically reviewed by Dr. Hemalatha
Published on Sep 09, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 10, 2019

I am suffering from constipation since I was 13. I always have taken medicine for that, but nothing worked, and lately, I had not taken any medication. Do you think there is something wrong with me?

Critical Care Physician Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Medical Gastroenterology Nephrology Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors) Rheumatology
#

You seem to be suffering from chronic constipation. I would advise you the following:

1. To get a thyroid function test done as hypothyroidism might be the cause behind constipation that you are having. 2. To take laxative like Lactulose in the night only when you are severely constipated. 3. To increase fiber in the diet.

If you have any further query, please ask. Thank you.

Hypothyroidism.
Constitutional.

Thyroid profile and fasting blood sugar.

Hypothyroidism.

Chronic constipation.

Review with investigations.

Is there any medication or laxatives to cure constipation?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from constipation. Stool is so hard and has got stuck in the colon. I am on keto diet. So, fiber intake is low which may be the reason. Is there any medication or laxatives that I can take?  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be suffering from constipation, and you should increase fibers in the diet. I would advise you the following: To get a thyroid function test done as hypothyroidism might be the cause of constipation that you are having. To take laxative like Lactulose in the ...  Read Full

Can constipation be related to high sugar levels?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 53-year-old female. I had gestational diabetes and 11 years later my sugar levels were high so started taking Glycomet. However, the fasting sugar level in the morning is always high and PP is less than fasting. Recent HbA1c is 6.9. Do I have to continue medicine? I walk daily ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hi, Welcome to iclinq.com. Diabetes is not curable but controllable. The first line in the management of type 2 diabetes is lifestyle modifications. Fasting should not be higher than 110, postprandial should not be higher than 140, and HbA1c should not be higher than 7.5. My advice: Healthy di...  Read Full

Does constipation cause burning sensation in anus?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a burning sensation in anus after bowel movements for past one week. There is no blood discharge and poop was soft. I avoid eating spicy foods. The burning sensation lasts for hours.  Read Full >>

Dr. Akant Kaushal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The most common cause of burning sensation in anus following stools will be the consumption of spicy food. Another cause can be constipation, which can cause fissures around the anus. If this is the condition, apply Diltiazem gel 2 % three to four times a day for se...  Read Full