Isabgol

What could be the reason for frequent constipation?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 58-year-old male. I am 180 cm in height and weigh about 85 kg. I have frequent constipation issues. I am currently on Obimet SR 500, Glimisave M1, Pinom 40 mg, Pivasta 2 mg, and Clopilet 75 mg.  Read Full »

Dr. Arbab Muhammad Kashif Khan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Would you please answer few of my following questions. How frequently do you pass stools per week? Have you felt any blood in stools? Do you feel pain in the anal area while passing stools? Have you noticed anything coming out from the anal area while passing stools...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for pain in anus and blood loss.

Query: Having pain in anus as well as difficulty while passing stools. huge anount of blood loss.   Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello. I welcome you to icliniq. First of all try to reduce your weight. At most times, it is the obesity which has been causing problems. The bleeding while passing stools can be secondary to anal fissure, hemorrhoids, rectal ulcer due to difficult defecation. For better clarification and confirm...  Read Full »

How to treat piles and anal itching?

Query: for piles , am using himalaya tablets .daily 2 tablets...but cant able sit properly due to anal itching ......please give me a medicine  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello. I have reviewed your history. The medication you are on is bascically ayervedic, which sometime may help and sometime not. I would give you some treatment but I want that you should be examined in person by a local general surgeon , if any need of surgical removal of this. Because if pile re...  Read Full »

What causes irritation around the anus?

Query: Hi doctor, It has been two days that I am feeling some irritation around anus. Today, I noticed some small lumps that are tender to touch and causing mild irritation regularly. Apart from that I have upset stomach and I am getting semi-solid motion. A month back, I had a stone in the urinary tract, ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It appears that you have recurrent anal fissures. You can see it in the picture as a tear (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and these will be very painful. Do you have a family history of colon cancer? Did you have a colonoscopy? Do you have a complete b...  Read Full »

How to treat constipation in an 88-year-old?

Query: Hello doctor, An 88 year old woman approaches the pharmacist seeking a recommendation. She has been suffering from constipation for the past several weeks and has not found relief with the remedies she has tried, including eating prunes and using a daily fiber supplement. On reviewing her pharmacy p...  Read Full »

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist, Naturopathy Specialist, Pharmacologist, Siddha Medicine Specialist, Toxicologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned many drugs that can cause constipation by reducing intestinal peristalsis or by reducing the secretion into colon. For example, beta blockers used for hypertension can reduce the colon peristalsis and result in constipation. So, in this case, w...  Read Full »

Why do I vomit if I drink too much liquid on an empty stomach?

Query: Hi doctor, Nearly two years ago, I got a bad cold and vomited badly. It continued for days leading me unable to hold down any foods or liquids until I checked into the hospital and given IVs, which made me better. However, since then, I am more prone to getting close to vomiting if I drink too much...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramesh Kumar S

Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The infection you are suffering from is called gastroenteritis or stomach flu. In gastroenteritis, the mucosa of the intestine is severely inflamed causing symptoms like loose stools, indigestion, and vomiting. The tests suggested are as follows: Ultrasound abdomen to ...  Read Full »

Do vitamin D supplements worsen constipation?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30 year old male. I have vitamin D deficiency of about 6.51 ng/mL. Also, I am suffering from severe constipation with very slow bowel movement. Currently, I am taking ayurveda medicine for the fissure. Can vitamin D supplement make constipation worse? Please help me.  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Vitamin D supplement has to be taken once a week. The most easily available one is capsule Uprise D3 60 k. Now for constipation, I would suggest you the following: Get a thyroid function test done as hypothyroidism might be the cause behind the constipation that you ar...  Read Full »

I have hemorrhoid on the inner thigh. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, I have hemorrhoid at the anus along with pain in inner thigh muscles.  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I guess you do not have pain at anus while passing stools. Is there anything which comes out of anus during straining? It is better to get it confirmed by a local doctor by examination regarding the diagnosis. Hemorrhoids as such are not life-threatening. The problems ...  Read Full »

What causes fleshy growth outside anus?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 19 year old female with no past medical history. I experienced constipation for some days, and I saw blood in my stools. I found this small fleshy growth on the anus, which hurts after passing motion. The pain ceases after a few hours. This fleshy growth retracts inside when I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Arvind Guru

General Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your attached picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It shows old hemorrhoids called as skin tags. This picture, along with the pain that you are describing is suggestive of anal fissure. This is a tear in the wall of the anus, at the bas...  Read Full »

Are irregular periods and the feeling of incomplete bowel emptying related?

Query: Hi doctor, Over the past 3 months, my periods have become irregular. It was regular throughout my life. I faced spotting between periods and had been detected with a submucosal fibroid of 2 cm. For the past 3 months, I feel in the morning after passing bowels, that my bowel has not cleared. This f...  Read Full »

Dr. Viral Dineshchandra Vyas

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that your periods are irregular and you have a feeling of incomplete evacuation of bowel. This type of combination is seen in hypothyroidism. So you need to check your thyroid function after consulting a physician. These two problems can also be totally unr...  Read Full »