Q. Is Ovral G an emergency contraceptive pill?

Answered by Dr. Jimesh H Mavani and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Contraceptive Pill or Withdrawal Bleeding? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am 35 years old. My period was a month back. It sustained for four days. I generally use 3 to 4 pads in my periods. I had sex 10 days later. On the very next day, I had two Ovral G at around 9 AM and there after 12 hours again two Ovral G tablets. I noticed my period 12 days later, though it lasted for four days, the period was less and usually, my period happens four days earlier. In this month, it was six days earlier. I did hCG beta blood test. I am sending you the report. Can I be pregnant or conceive? Please advise because I want to abort. I am an unmarried woman. Can the blood test be wrong? What laboratory test I should do to get to know whether the fetus is there beyond uterus (ectopic pregnancy) as I m 35+. When should I go for ultrasound vagina testing to get the true picture? After that I did not have any sex, so then again can I be pregnant and that could not be detected now and can be detected on later?