Q. I got some bleach splash into my eye. Please help.

Dr. Priyanka Agarwal
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 09, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 10, 2019

I got some bleach splash into my eye after dropping it on the floor. I have already rinsed it for 30 minutes and it is red. But I do not have pain. It feels dry, and it is not lubricating after all the rinsing.

Dr. Priyanka Agarwal

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

• Bleach is an acidic solution, and it has harmful effects on the eye. The good thing you did that you rinsed it with water, but sometimes it causes abrasion of the cornea, because of which you have redness and dryness.
  • It is important to show a local eye specialist to avoid any complications. I suggest you try doing the following:
  1. Eye drop Moxifloxacin, four times a day.
  2. Eye drop Systane ultra (Polyethylene and Propylene glycol), 3 to 4 times a day for 10 days.

Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start using the medicines after their consent.

For more information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

| 

I have dry eyes after a LASIK surgery. Is there some medication I can try?

Query: Hi doctor,About two years ago, I did LASIK surgery to correct short-sightedness. I recovered from it and have a normal vision now. The trouble note is my eyes gets dry soon. And sometimes when I wake up I cannot even open my eyes as it is too dry and I need to keep it closed until it waters which ...  Read Full »

What are these boils that my brother has on his eyelids?

Query: Hello doctor, I am asking this question on behalf of my brother. He is 37 years of age, 5' 7" tall and approximately weighs 70 kg. He is not on any medication. He is a commercial airline pilot by profession and is perfectly fit to fly. He has recently passed his physical fitness exam that is conduc...  Read Full »

I have dry eyes and feel heaviness and pain. What can be done?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 42 years old female going through dry eyes for the past 45 days. I have been to three different doctors but no relief. I feel heaviness in the eyes along with pain and redness. I have been given a gel and a tube (Systane eye drop and Ara gel). Please help.  Read Full »