Q. I got some bleach splash into my eye. Please help.

Dr. Priyanka Agarwal

I got some bleach splash into my eye after dropping it on the floor. I have already rinsed it for 30 minutes and it is red. But I do not have pain. It feels dry, and it is not lubricating after all the rinsing.

Do you have a question on Corneal Abrasion or Dry Eyes?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Priyanka Agarwal

MBBS., DNB (OPHTHALMOLOGY)., FELLOWSHIP VITREO-RETINA
Ophthalmology (Eye Care)

• Bleach is an acidic solution, and it has harmful effects on the eye. The good thing you did that you rinsed it with water, but sometimes it causes abrasion of the cornea, because of which you have redness and dryness.
  • It is important to show a local eye specialist to avoid any complications. I suggest you try doing the following:
  1. Eye drop Moxifloxacin, four times a day.
  2. Eye drop Systane ultra (Polyethylene and Propylene glycol), 3 to 4 times a day for 10 days.

Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start using the medicines after their consent.

For more information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

I have dry eyes after a LASIK surgery. Is there some medication I can try?
Query: Hi doctor,About two years ago, I did LASIK surgery to correct short-sightedness. I recovered from it and have a normal vision now. The trouble note is my eyes gets dry soon. And sometimes when I wake up I cannot even open my eyes as it is too dry and I need to keep it closed until it waters which ...  Read Full »
Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry, but there is no permanent treatment or cure for dry eyes, but yes with treatment, your life will become comfortable. To treat dry eyes, we need to find the type and severity of dry eyes. The type of dry eyes is established by the clinical examination of the...  Read Full »

What are these boils that my brother has on his eyelids?
Query: Hello doctor, I am asking this question on behalf of my brother. He is 37 years of age, 5' 7" tall and approximately weighs 70 kg. He is not on any medication. He is a commercial airline pilot by profession and is perfectly fit to fly. He has recently passed his physical fitness exam that is conduc...  Read Full »
Dr. C M Wavikar
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it appears to be a chalazion on both the eyes. I suggest Vigamox eye drops (Moxifloxacin), one drop four times a day and Chloro applicap (Chloramphenicol) twice a day in both the eyes. Please understand that...  Read Full »

I have dry eyes and feel heaviness and pain. What can be done?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 42 years old female going through dry eyes for the past 45 days. I have been to three different doctors but no relief. I feel heaviness in the eyes along with pain and redness. I have been given a gel and a tube (Systane eye drop and Ara gel). Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Zubair A Shaikh
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Dry eye syndrome is a condition which can best be managed but cannot be treated, since it is caused by multiple factors like age, environment, etc. The good thing is that it is not dangerous. You are already using Systane (Propylene glycol) and Ara gel (Hydroxypropyl me...  Read Full »

Ask a Doctor Now