Q. Following skin firming treatment, I got very large bulges on my lower face. Is this normal?

This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 22, 2017 and last reviewed on: May 06, 2021

I am 34, and I used to get Botox once in every few months. I recently went to a plastic surgeon to have a consult for skin firming treatment. I was told that I am an excellent candidate for Sculptra facial injections. I was told that the facial injections would cause no down time and give a gradual firming effect over a few months. I proceeded to have the injections, and after the first week of bruising and swelling went down, I was left with two very large bulges on each side of my lower face along the jawline. One side is even larger than the other. As I was very concerned, I went back to the doctor. I was told this was normal and it would go away. Over a month later I still had these bulges and went back again, and I was given steroids. I am inquiring about the second option because I am still being told by the doctor that this is normal and it has been two months. I would like an option on the result, if it truly is normal or if I am dealing with something else. What can I do to fix it? Thank you so much.

#

• You might be suffering from granuloma formation following allergic reaction to injected substance.
  • In some cases, they may take years to subside.
  • A physical examination is required to confirm the diagnosis, and a long course of Prednisolone may be needed to hasten the recovery.

For further information consult a plastic surgeon online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/plastic-surgeon

|