Q. My gums are itchy after eating. Please help.

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray
Published on Nov 23, 2018

My gums are itchy after eating. I used mouthwash. After using it, I usually rinse my mouth with water. I started to have a burning sensation in my gums after using mouthwash. But still, my gums are itchy.

#

You have gingivitis. You have itching sensation after having meals is because of the periodontal pocket presenting with a gap between the teeth and gums. Please mention about the mouthwash used whether it is Chlorhexidine or H2O2 (Hydrogen peroxide). If you use H2O2, it should not be used more than 5 % concentration. Sometimes, mouthwash can cause a chemical burn. Doing dental scaling (oral prophylaxis) is necessary.

My gum was accidentally injured during dental treatment. Will it get infected?

Query: Hi doctor,I went to the dentist five days ago for three fillings and he also cut my gum. I forgot what he called it, and I guess it as periodontal. It is burning because of gingivitis. As of two days ago, my gum on the opposite side was swollen and visible when I smile. It hurts to eat, touch, or ev...  Read Full »